Geula-Related Recent Links

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Heart & Soul Attacked

The heart and soul of Israeli Torah - the Merkaz Harav Yeshiva - was attacked by an Arab terrorist tonight.

This Pere Adam ruined the lives of many, along with their families' lives, along with all the Torah that was lost. There is no Gehinom low enough.

On a much lower scale, he also ruined my night. Tonight, I was supposed to be singing משנכנס אדר מרבים בשמחה.

Instead, I find myself saying Psalm 79, especially these verses:


מִזְמוֹר, לְאָסָף:
אֱלֹהִים, בָּאוּ גוֹיִם בְּנַחֲלָתֶךָ-- טִמְּאוּ, אֶת הֵיכַל קָדְשֶׁךָ;

שָׁפְכוּ דָמָם, כַּמַּיִם--סְבִיבוֹת יְרוּשָׁלִָם

עַד-מָה יְהוָה, תֶּאֱנַף לָנֶצַח; תִּבְעַר כְּמוֹ-אֵשׁ, קִנְאָתֶךָ.

שְׁפֹךְ חֲמָתְךָ-- אֶל הַגּוֹיִם, אֲשֶׁר לֹא-יְדָעוּךָ:
וְעַל מַמְלָכוֹת-- אֲשֶׁר בְּשִׁמְךָ, לֹא קָרָאוּ.

עָזְרֵנוּ, אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׁעֵנוּ-- עַל-דְּבַר כְּבוֹד-שְׁמֶךָ;
וְהַצִּילֵנוּ וְכַפֵּר עַל-חַטֹּאתֵינוּ, לְמַעַן שְׁמֶךָ.

לָמָּה, יֹאמְרוּ הַגּוֹיִם-- אַיֵּה אֱלֹהֵיהֶם:
יִוָּדַע בַּגֹּיִים לְעֵינֵינוּ; נִקְמַת, דַּם-עֲבָדֶיךָ הַשָּׁפוּךְ

וְהָשֵׁב לִשְׁכֵנֵינוּ שִׁבְעָתַיִם, אֶל-חֵיקָם;
חֶרְפָּתָם אֲשֶׁר חֵרְפוּךָ אֲדֹנָי.



ה' יקום דמם

Hodesh Adar 2 is almost upon us. May we know of no more tragedies, and only Simha.

4 Comments:

At Fri Mar 07, 12:32:00 AM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a lower note he ruined your night??????????
Thats what you take from this?
Ghastly

 
At Fri Mar 07, 01:46:00 AM 2008, Blogger yaak said...

I wasn't sure how to word my thoughts. What I tried to say (maybe not so clearly) is that he ruined everyone's night - millions of Jews in the world were getting ready to celebrate Adar 2. Instead, we were treated with a dose of tragedy.
If you have a better way to word this, I'm open to suggestions.

 
At Fri Mar 07, 02:10:00 AM 2008, Blogger yaak said...

Another point - it isn't what I take from this. What I take from this is not mentioned in this post.

Just because I chastised the Sultan for something that he deserves to be chastised for doesn't mean that the same goes for me. והמבין יבין.

 
At Fri Mar 07, 07:21:00 AM 2008, Blogger Devorah Chayah said...

I understood your feelings, Yaak. I felt the same way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home