Geula-Related Recent Links

Friday, March 18, 2011

Zecher LeMahatzit HaShekel over $10.00/person - Almost Double Last Year

The amount per person for Zecher LeMahatzit Hashekel this year (I heard 9 grams of silver, but I now see this says a bit less than 10 grams of silver) has jumped to over $10.00! Last year, it was almost half that.

According to http://www.silverperounce.com/, when I enter 9 grams in, I get:

Values Entered:


Silver ounces: 0

Silver grams: 9

Purity: .999+ (pure)

Silver price: $35.24 / troy ounce

Answer:

Total silver value is $10.20.

If I enter 10 grams, it's $11.35!

According to http://silverprice.org/silver-price-history.html:



May we all have a happy Purim and help out the pur this Purim without going pur ourselves.

I tried to write Purim Torah this year, but I didn't like how it came out. Maybe I'll revise it and post it next year, as we know Purim will not be Bateil - no matter what happens.

Here are some cute Purim Torah links from the jblogosphere:

Hirhurim: נשים סומכות רשות או רשעות

Muqata: Harry Potter - the Sefer

Muqata: Goldstone Condemns World Jewry

Elder of Ziyon: Haaretz Covers Shushan

Purim Allegre/Happy Purim/Purim Same'ah to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home