Geula-Related Recent Links

Monday, October 28, 2013

Rav Metzger on Rav Ovadia ZT"L and יבלטו"א Jonathan Pollard

Ladaat reports that there was a Dati Leumi Hesped given for Rav Ovadia Yosef ZT"L in the Shomron.  According to the article, there were many interesting things said there, but just to highlight one, Rav Yona Metzger Shlit"a, the former Ashkenazi chief rabbi, said (my translation):
Rav Ovadia Yosef was my spiritual father.  I consulted with Rav Ovadia Yosef with almost every subject with which I dealt.  And each time that I turned to him, he acted as if he dealt with this subject already for many years.

...

The subject of Jonathan Pollard pained Rav Ovadia very much.  Today, we hear that the United States spied on friends and they say that it's not a big deal to spy on friends.  If it's not such a big deal, why won't they release Pollard?  All of a sudden, it's not such a big deal to spy on friends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home