Geula-Related Recent Links

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Another Prayer for Children

I don't know about you, but between all the emails I get and blogs I read, I must get reminded about 10-15 times to recite the prayer for children by the Shelah Hakadosh on Erev Rosh Hodesh Sivan every year.  (I get around the same on the Tuesday of Parshat Beshalah to recite the Parshat HaMan.)

So, just to be different, I'm going to link to another prayer for children, written by R' Eliezer Pappo, the author of the Pele Yo'etz, in his book Beit Tefilah.  (It's the long section in bold-face blue.)  Alternatively, it can be found on p. 21 of this file.

It doesn't hurt to recite either prayer - or both.

5 Comments:

At Thu Jun 02, 05:35:00 PM 2011, Anonymous joshwaxman said...

i didn't say either tefillah. if it is my custom in my family to say the tefillah, then fine. but i don't start adopting segulos and minhagim (even positive ones) because of popularization by Internet and chain mail.

that said, it IS a tefillah, and expresses a fine sentiment.

kt,
josh

 
At Thu Jun 02, 05:41:00 PM 2011, Blogger yaak said...

Point well taken.

And I'm not going to tell people to say them - but I will tell people that it doesn't hurt to say them. It may even help.

 
At Fri Jun 03, 03:30:00 AM 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blessings. i agree with you. it does not hurt to say them. good words. dont hurt. and yes, it does help. it guides the person. and we can add our own requests in between. although i am a noahide i have been saying this prayer for years, but yesterday, could only say it once.

 
At Fri Jun 03, 03:32:00 AM 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have an english version. thanks.

 
At Fri Jun 03, 03:37:00 PM 2011, Blogger joshwaxman said...

a nice take on this at revach:
http://revach.net/avodah/chanoch-lnaar/Shela-HaKadosh-Good-Children-Are-Not-Raised-On-One-Tefila-A-Year/3781

 

Post a Comment

<< Home