Geula-Related Recent Links

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Welcome!

BE"H. Ok. Here's my first blog post.
There, I started. Whew.

I feel that I need to explain the title of the blog. I want this blog to be a place where I can post links to news items that I feel important enough, but may not be well-known enough, to the j-blogosphere. I will try to give some sort of opinion about the news item, even though I'm not a very opinionated guy (although, that may change).

That's where Yeranen Yaakov comes in.

First of all, my name is Yaakov, but you can call me "Yaak". Knowledge of my full name will be on a need-to-know basis.

"Yeranen" comes from the word "Leranen", which has a double-meaning:

  1. To sing praises, as in Tehillim 59:17
  2. To speak of rumors, as in "Meranenim" in Bava Metzia 87a (5th wide line)

I will do both.

However, I will, to the best of my ability, blog the second meaning only within the letter and spirit of the laws of Leshon Hara. If someone catches me on this, let me know ASAP, and I will modify my post ASAP. Got it?

OK. Now that we got that clear, I think I can go on now.

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home