Geula-Related Recent Links

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I Don't Believe EVERYTHING I Read

Some people might call me gullible for posting predictions from every Chaim Yankel rabbi that says something. It's not true. I try to limit my postings to those rabbis who are a) well-known or b) well-respected (or both).

Well, there's a website out there that may seem to know what he's talking about, but I'm just not buying it.

Among the things he claims:

  • Lake Michigan will overflow and flood Chicago on March 17th (either 2006 or 2007) - causing the deaths of millions.


He cites as his source:

Beit Din Shamayim

Now, he says a lot of things that I agree with. But, something seems fishy about it. And, I'm very much against his tirades against Hacham Ovadia and Hareidim in general elsewhere on the site. It seems like he has an agenda.

Am I wrong for this suspicion?

Let me know.

4 Comments:

At Tue Mar 07, 04:38:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy is a nut. He has been posting the same thing for the past few years predicting these things in March of '03...'04...'05...now '06

He writes hateful things about the Lubavitcher Rebbe, r"l, and his chassidim and speaks bitterly and nastily about Am Yisroel.

Avoid like the plague.

 
At Tue Mar 07, 04:56:00 PM 2006, Blogger yaak said...

Thanks, R' Yaakov. I just needed to know someone confirms my suspicions.

 
At Wed Mar 08, 05:19:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shalom Yaak,

You should deffinately delete the link to his site. It's all full of lashon hara against the big ones in Israel. The latest figure that he wrote against was Rabbi Batzri. He writes against Rabbi Ovadiah Yossef. He writes almost against every big Rabbi. Total nutcase, with a site. And R' Yaakov was also right of course.

If you can, just delete the link so people will not get a nisayon of lashon hara, that is very hard for some.

BTW: I like your blog very much, and I like the truthful way that you deal with subjects. Maybe not always popular in the internet - but truthful. Truth is something that is hard to find on the net...

 
At Wed Mar 08, 08:24:00 AM 2006, Blogger yaak said...

Link deleted.

Thanks for your kind words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home