Geula-Related Recent Links

Monday, November 09, 2009

I Stopped Watching Sesame Street When...

1) Snuffleupagus became visible to all
2) Mr. Hooper got voted off the show
3) We saw more and more of Elmo and less and less of Super Grover
4) Cookie Monster started eating veggies instead
5) I realized I couldn't make things appear by saying "A la peanut butter sandwiches!"
6) Lightning didn't appear when I counted to any number
7) I turned 11 and my friends started making fun of me

Happy 40th Anniversary, Sesame Street!

4 Comments:

At Mon Nov 09, 08:28:00 PM 2009, Blogger Christopher Darren Horn said...

LOL, I loved Sesame Street then.

 
At Mon Nov 09, 09:39:00 PM 2009, Blogger Devorah said...

Cookie Monster now has dentures and can only eat pureed food.

 
At Wed Nov 18, 07:04:00 AM 2009, Blogger Moshe Lyons said...

Hi Yaak,
I really hate to break it to you 30 years after the fact. But......MR hooper did not get voted off the show. The man had a heart attack and croaked mid season. Big bird was then left with the job of explaining to the viewers (derech Snaffulufaguss) that Mr. Hooper had indeed kicked the bucket. Anyhow, I hope his neshama has an aliyah....

 
At Wed Nov 18, 10:23:00 AM 2009, Blogger yaak said...

Hi, Moshe!
I know what happened to him - I was trying to be cute. Maybe too cute. 30 years ago, it was quite sad for me too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home