Recent Interesting Links
(This should be the last one of these without the name of the פרשה included in the title. It gets too confusing when Hu"L and E"Y are different.)
- Rafi blogged about people asking Rav Chaim Kanievsky about the source of Avraham Fried's new song's lyrics. He said that it was not in Haza"l. VIN reports that Avraham Fried answered the question - it came from the Ohel Moshe.
- Chicago Jewish News interviews Mayor Emanuel.
- The Mashiach Is Coming blog notes that In the Vanguard commented:
Apropos to this verb you bring, note it also finds itself in the word "Moshiach" - as if to suggest the more we all talk about Moshiach the more certain is his speedy arrival - where Moshiach is pronounced "Mee-Siach" - from talk!
- "King Bibi" is on the cover of "Time".
- Elder of Ziyon breaks down the BBC poll where Israel is tied for third most negative global influence. (Only 3% of Japan thinks Israel is a positive influence??? Really??? Worse than Egypt???)
- Chicago prepares for NATO. Who needs it? May it be Hashem's will that it passes without incident.
- Busy day Sunday. Besides the Asifa, Yom Yerushalayim (כמנין גאולה), the NATO summit, and a couple of shul dinners that I was invited to, there's also a ring of fire solar eclipse on the West Coast of the US to watch out for on Sunday (which is also ironic because the West Coast of the US is part of the tectonic plate "Ring of Fire").
- Help Neil bike for Chai Lifeline.
- Hamodia (on p.9) quotes someone who is giving good advice to people going to the Asifa:
"If approached by a reporter, think before you speak," another askan pleaded. "Don't say anything that may be misinterpreted or misunderstood."
- Don't forget about the famous Or Hahayim on Behar (25:25-28).