Geula Update from Rav Fish - Vayehi 5774
Rav Fish put out 2 pdfs last week. In one of them, he wrote a long, multi-chapter essay on the difference between ציון and ירושלים which contains many Geula references. The other pdf uses his usual weekly format. The beginning of the second one contains one chapter of the first long essay entitled "Papus Ben Yehuda was the husband of the mother of Yeshu", referencing Shabbat 104b and other sources.
And at the end of both pdfs, he has 2 additional pages - one has a prayer to speed up Mashiah's arrival and blessings to say when seeing Mashiah. The second page talks about the importance of visiting Kever David.
From the Geula section, he says the following:
- Delay of Mashiah
- It says in Habakkuk (2:3) אִם-יִתְמַהְמָהּ, חַכֵּה-לוֹ [though it tarry, wait for it]. It appears that there is a hint to the delay of Mashiah in Scripture, as it says (Bereishit 19:16) וַיִּתְמַהְמָהּ--וַיַּחֲזִיקוּ הָאֲנָשִׁים בְּיָדוֹ [But he lingered; and the men laid hold upon his hand] as the soul of Mashiah was included at that time in Lot, and since Lot was about to beget the root of the soul of Mashiah at that time, there needed to be the idea of "delay" preceding it which comes before the birth of Mashiah.
- There is another place in Tanach that the word יתמהמה [delay] is mentioned: (Bereishit 43:9-10) אָנֹכִי, אֶעֶרְבֶנּוּ--מִיָּדִי, תְּבַקְשֶׁנּוּ: אִם-לֹא הֲבִיאֹתִיו אֵלֶיךָ וְהִצַּגְתִּיו לְפָנֶיךָ, וְחָטָאתִי לְךָ כָּל-הַיָּמִים. כִּי, לוּלֵא הִתְמַהְמָהְנוּ--כִּי-עַתָּה שַׁבְנוּ, זֶה פַעֲמָיִם. [I will be surety for him; of my hand shalt thou require him; if I bring him not unto thee, and set him before thee, then let me bear the blame for ever. For except we had lingered, surely we had now returned a second time.] We explained in the essay "Hashmal Het" that the guarantee of Yehuda on Binyamin hints to the suffereing of Mashiah that comes from Yehuda, who suffers the birthpangs of Mashiah for Am Yisrael at the time of the birthpangs of Redemption. Therefore, Yehuda said לוּלֵא הִתְמַהְמָהְנוּ--כִּי-עַתָּה שַׁבְנוּ, זֶה פַעֲמָיִם. If there would not have been a double-delay - once by Lot and once by Mashiah - then כי עתה שבנו - the word שבנו is the gematria of Mashiah - meaning Mashiah would have come already and I would not need to suffer the sufferings.
- And it's brought down from the Mahara"sh of Belz on this verse of כִּי, לוּלֵא הִתְמַהְמָהְנוּ--כִּי-עַתָּה שַׁבְנוּ, זֶה פַעֲמָיִם that the word לולא is the same letters as אלול and if we delayed in Elul from doing Teshuva, then we should do Teshuva in a leap year where we have the 12th month (gematria of זה) twice (פעמים).
- And it's brought down in the Siddur Sha'ar Hashamayim, which is attributed to the Shelah, that on a leap year, when we add ולכפרת פשע to the Musaf prayer on Rosh Hodesh, we do so since a year that has 13 months is fortunate to be atoned via the 13 attributes of mercy.
- And it's also brought down in the Shelah in Parshat Shemot that the main Tikun Hayesod that is done during the Parshiyot of שובבי"ם is in a leap year.
- It appears, therefore, that this is why the year תשע"ה is hinted to in the verse כִּי, לוּלֵא הִתְמַהְמָהְנוּ--כִּי-עַתָּה שַׁבְנוּ, זֶה פַעֲמָיִם to hint to the idea that the year תשע"ד, which is a leap year, is the preparation of Teshuva to the year of Redemption תשע"ה.
- Sofei Teivot of Mashiah
- The only Sofei Teivot of the letters משיח in Tanach in order is in Tehilim 72:5: יִירָאוּךָ עִם-שָׁמֶשׁ; וְלִפְנֵי יָרֵחַ, דּוֹר דּוֹרִים and the letters that surround these letters of the Sofei Teivot on both sides spell ע"ד.
- The 100-Year Process
- [As a continuation to what was said here:] It is brought down in the book "Admorei Belz" (vol 3, p. 320) that WWI broke out on Tish'a Be'av, 5674, and the Mahari"d of Belz said that the beginning of the war starting on Tish'a Be'av is a sign that the war will last until the coming of Mashiah. And we see that he relates to the entire period from 5674 and on as one long war.
- And it's brought down that the Admor said that same Shabbat on the verse ותשבו בקדש ימים רבים that ישיבה means lingering, meaning that we are lingering in the exile a long time. "רבים" is Rashei Teivot for רומי בבל ישמעאל מצרים. And we see that he hinted that then would start a period that would encompass all the exiles.
- Also, the word ימים is the gematria of 100 to hint to the 100-year process that began then.
- And it appears that there is a hint to the years תרע"ד and תשע"ד in the verse (Daniel 7:25) עַד-עִדָּן וְעִדָּנִין וּפְלַג עִדָּן.
- It says (Vayikra 25:29) וְאִישׁ, כִּי-יִמְכֹּר בֵּית-מוֹשַׁב עִיר חוֹמָה--וְהָיְתָה גְּאֻלָּתוֹ, עַד-תֹּם שְׁנַת מִמְכָּרוֹ: יָמִים, תִּהְיֶה גְאֻלָּתוֹ [And if a man sell a dwelling-house in a walled city, then he may redeem it within a whole year after it is sold; for a full year shall he have the right of redemption.] And the Or Hahayim explains this verse metaphorically referring to the Final Redemption.
- Also here, we see the expression ימים תהיה גאולתו - with ימים having a gematria of 100 - hinting to the 100-year Redemption process.
- Also, גאולתו עד תם שנת is Rashei Teivot תשע"ג and "עד" hints to תשע"ד.
- Geneva Deal
- In Geneva, which in Hebrew is ז'נבה - from the expression ויזנב [which is related to Amalek] - they [in essence] gave power to the Iranians to produce nuclear weapons.
- The letters before ז'נבה make up אדום.
- The letters after ז'נבה make up גחון, which symbolizes the snake.