Geula-Related Recent Links

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Rav Berger: One of the Gedolim: We Missed an Opportunity on Purim

From Rav Berger's latest:

Rav Berger quotes "one of the greats of our generation" as saying that this past Purim, we lost a golden opportunity to bring the Geula.  He added that the delay in the bringing of the Geula was clearly due to our continued division, bickering, arguing, stinginess, and baseless hatred.

He added that the S"M knows that the cause of the Beit Hamikdash being destroyed is what's causing it not to be built and is working extra hard to inculcate baseless hatred inside us.  Our job is to understand that and not let him prosecute us, he said.

The gadol concluded by saying that this division is what occurred before the Holocaust and we know what happened then.

Rav Berger goes on and notes the verse in Shemini:

וַיֹּאמֶר מֹשֶׁה, זֶה הַדָּבָר אֲשֶׁר-צִוָּה יְהוָה תַּעֲשׂוּ--וְיֵרָא אֲלֵיכֶם, כְּבוֹד יְהוָה

The Torat Kohanim explains this to mean that we should remove the Yetzer Hara from our hearts and this will cause us to all come together to fear Him and serve Him as one.

The Imrei Emet explains this Yetzer Hara to be the Yetzer Hara of division and arguments.

According to this Imrei Emet, it is the removal of this Yetzer Hara that will cause the Shechina to dwell among us again.

Rav Berger tells us not to be discouraged since there is a nice hint from this verse to this occurring very soon.

תעשו is the gematria of תשע"ו [this year of 5776].  In this year, we will merit that 'וירא אליכם כבוד ה - the glory of Hashem will be revealed speedily in our days, Amen.

4 Comments:

At Sun Apr 03, 10:19:00 AM 2016, Blogger Devorah Chayah said...

And from the haftarah for Parah...

"I will take you from among the nations, and gather you out of all the countries, and will bring you into your own land. And I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean; from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.

And I will put My spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep Mine ordinances, and do them.

And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be My people, and I will be your God.

And I will save you from all your uncleannesses"

 
At Sun Apr 03, 05:15:00 PM 2016, Anonymous annie said...

Bless HaShem!!!

 
At Wed Apr 06, 02:16:00 AM 2016, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't fight with anybody on Purim - why should I have to suffer?

 
At Wed Apr 06, 05:07:00 AM 2016, Blogger yaak said...

Anonymous, we are all responsible for each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home