Geula-Related Recent Links

Thursday, February 07, 2019

Interesting Recent Links - Feed Issue

Inoreader, the long-time RSS feed website that I've used to find articles, tag them, and export them via RSS, is now telling users that exporting tagged items with RSS is now a pay-based service, requiring $50.00 per year. This change takes place on March 1st.



In the meantime, they stuck a notice on the top of my feeds notifying me of this fact, but this notice breaks the (self-created) program I use to compile the feeds into each Interesting Recent Links post.

I'm extremely disappointed, but I can't complain too much since I've been using a free service for the past few years and I'd like to publicly thank Inoreader for that service.

I've managed not to spend any money on my blog in the past 14 years (mostly out of principle) and I intend to keep it that way, but I'm weighing my options.  (No, I'm not asking readers for donations, so don't bother.)

I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, please excuse the delay in posting.

3 Comments:

At Thu Feb 07, 02:40:00 PM 2019, Blogger Devorah said...

That's very annoying. I used to pay Apple $1.50 a month to store my photos... now Google has given me a free and better service. Can google offer you anything useful here?

 
At Thu Feb 07, 03:36:00 PM 2019, Blogger yaak said...

I plan to look into it.

 
At Fri Feb 08, 01:34:00 AM 2019, Blogger Neshama said...

Maybe we should send you or a designated “someplace” our best articles and or links to other important articles?

I do not know why gurgle needs $$$$$? Must be more to this, as they are very tied to the us govt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home