Geula-Related Recent Links

Monday, July 28, 2008

Calatrava Bridge (Gesher HaMeitarim)

I heard various opinions on the new not-yet-finished Calatrava Bridge that you see right at the entrance to Yerushalayim. Some thought it added uniqueness to the city. Others consider it an eye-sore.

But whether you like it or not, it's at the very least a good reference point. For example, I remember a few times knowing where the Tahanat Hamerkazit stop was solely based on seeing the bridge. In addition, I was at a lookout in Mevaseret Tzion looking toward Yerushalayim, and clearly saw the bridge from there - even at night.

I was Zoche to stand on a מרפסת that was very close to the bridge. While there, I shot a video of the bridge late at night.
Here's the video I shot. I know at least 1 blogger will appreciate it.



These 2 פסוקים come to mind when looking at the bridge:

עֹמְדוֹת, הָיוּ רַגְלֵינוּ-- בִּשְׁעָרַיִךְ, יְרוּשָׁלִָם

כִּי-חִזַּק, בְּרִיחֵי שְׁעָרָיִךְ; בֵּרַךְ בָּנַיִךְ בְּקִרְבֵּךְ

2 Comments:

At Tue Jul 29, 09:13:00 AM 2008, Blogger Cosmic X said...

Yaak,

I looked for myself in the video and was surprised that you didn't catch me photographing the bridge. :)

P.S. The next time that you are in Israel perhaps we can get together.

 
At Tue Jul 29, 11:30:00 AM 2008, Blogger yaak said...

I must have just missed you!

This trip was way too short. BE"H, BL"N, we'll get together on the next one (whenever that may be - hopefully soon).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home