Kitzim, Kitzim, and More Kitzim
I recently attended a Shiur about the End of Days by a certain rav mekubal who was visiting my city and he pointed some information that I was aware of and also some
information that I was not aware of.
- He talked about how 1000 years is like 1 of Hashem's days, and how the Ramban goes through each millenium and how it fits into each day, and if you divide the last 1000 years of the 6000 years of history into 24 "hours", and take the last 12 hours and divide it by the hours mentioned in Sanhedrin 38b, it comes out that just as Adam Harishon was עמד על רגליו on the 5th hour, the State of Israel was born on 5 Iyyar, 5708. And just as on the 6th hour, Adam Harishon was קרא שמות, so too the first Gulf War was starting to shape up in 5750 and people were scared and started doing Teshuva (I forgot how he tied it into קרא שמות, though)
- He also mentioned the Hesed Le'Avraham's 5760 prediction, which is the same number as the minimum amount of beitzim in a kosher mikveh.
- He also mentioned the Ra'avad's prediction of 5768. (Although he didn't mention the Imrei Bina by name - maybe another sefer written by him - See the first bullet here, this from Nava and this from גילוי). The Ra'avad apparently said that in 5768, the first thing to be punished is the money, followed by children, followed by the body (apparently, similar to Iyov's suffering). This is why the financial collapse began in 5768. Unfortunately, I couldn't find this source on the web anywhere.
- Incidentally, he also said that the reason why the financial collapse hit the USA first is because the Jews are the source of Beracha in the world. When the country with the most Jews in the world was the USA, then the USA was blessed with money. Now, that Israel has overtaken the USA in population of Jews, the USA doesn't have the merit any longer. Thus, the financial crisis.
- He also mentioned the statement of the Ostrovster Rebbi that the first 2 Birkat Hahamas to fall out on the 14th of Nissan happened at Yetziat Mitzraim and with Mordechai and Esther, and the last will be right before Mashiah's arrival. (I had some issues with this statement before, Bimhilat the Rebbi - Lo Zachiti Lehavin.)
- He also mentioned the Mayan calendar ending in 2012, which he said showed that even the non-Jews knew about this time period being special. I personally don't care for this because once you start bringing non-Jewish proofs, you're getting into dangerous territory.
- He also mentioned 5774 being mentioned by the Sefer Karnayim and its Peirush - the Dan Yadin over 300 years ago.
May we forget about all the kitzim and merit the coming of Mashiah without delay.