Geula-Related Recent Links

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ahmedinejad = Kedorla'omer?

In the past, I've compared the current president of Iran with Haman Harasha. The reasons for making such comparisons are too many to enumerate.

A more obscure comparison, but one that might also be utilized, is a comparison to Kedorla'omer. Kedorla'omer was the king of Elam, which was located in modern-day Iran. He was one of the 4 kings that Avraham fought to rescue Lot.

The Tanhuma says:
אל תירא אברם......ממי היה מתירא משם בן נח שהרג את
בני עילם שלשה בנים היו לו וכתיב בני שם עילם ואשור (בראשית י') והרגו והיה מתירא
לומר שהרגתי בנו של צדיק עכשיו יקללני ואמות. אמר לו הקב"ה אל תירא לא דייך שלא
יקללך אלא יצא לקראתך בדורון ומברכך שנאמר ומלכי צדק מלך שלם וגו׳ ויברכהו ויאמר
וגו׳ וברוך אל עליון אשר מגן צריך מהו מגן מנגנא עשה הקב"ה ומסרן בידך

Shem knew how dangerous Elam was and didn't seem to care that his first-born was killed.  (This Midrash implies that Kedorla'omer was synonymous with Elam himself.  Also, see how the Torah Sheleima quotes the Midrash.)  Not only didn't he care, but he gave Avraham presents for doing so.  The rest of the world - even the Arab world - is doing all it can to get Israel to fight against Iran.

Notice from the Midrash quoted above how Elam=Kedorla'omer has 3 sons.  Wikipedia says Ahmedinejad ימ"ש has 2 sons and a daughter.

Using the Ashkenazic usage of Hebrew transliteration:

אחמעדינעדזשאד = 569
כדרלעומר = 570


But putting all that aside, we know that the first leader of the 4 kings was Amrafel, the King of Shin'ar.  Shin'ar is Bavel and Amrafel is Nimrod.  Nimrod started the whole war just to get to Avraham.  But Nimrod/Amrafel later became secondary to Kedorla'omer, who took over the reigns as leader.  The Midrash explains this as "בעל קורה טעין בעוביה" (the owner of the beam carries the thick part).
Similarly, Babylonia and its leader Nevuchadzetzar was the leader of nations against the Jewish people until they were defeated by the Persians.
Similarly, Saddam Hussein ימ"ש was the leader of nations against the Jewish people 20 years ago until he was defeated twice by the U.S.  Now, Iran has taken over as our biggest nemesis.

We know that the 4 kings are compared to the 4 kingdoms into which we were exiled.  Just as the 4 kings were defeated by Avraham Avinu, the 4 kingdoms will be defeated by Mashiah.  מעשה אבות סימן לבנים.  When it says (while Avraham was winning the war against the 4 kings) "ויחלק עליהם לילה", half of the night was for Yetzi'at Mitzrayim, while the other half was for the future redemption. May that day come speedily in our days.  Amen.

(See also here and here.)

8 Comments:

At Sun Oct 10, 08:27:00 PM 2010, Blogger Dov Bar-Leib said...

just to let you know that I posted again to my blog in this year of Mincha Gedolah

 
At Mon Oct 11, 05:11:00 PM 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Obama is Nimrod, because like Nimrod, he left G-d out of the picture. Obama couldn't be GOG because he's a descendant of Cham, not Yefes.

 
At Wed Oct 13, 04:07:00 PM 2010, Anonymous Phil said...

"כדרלעומר = 570"

Which verse did you look at? The verse I looked at does not have the vav.

 
At Wed Oct 13, 04:18:00 PM 2010, Blogger yaak said...

Phil,

Good point, and I knew that when I wrote it, but I used a liberal spelling to make it fit.
The gematria is not the Ikkar of the post anyways.

 
At Thu Oct 14, 07:31:00 AM 2010, Anonymous Phil said...

Please don't use liberal spelling to make this kind of point.

During this year's seder, I pointed out that Barack Hussein Obama = 501, the acronym of the Ten Plagues. There were over a thousand ways to spell his name to get 501, and I finally found the one. I pointed out to the assembled guests that I did this /for amusement sake/ only.

 
At Thu Oct 14, 01:30:00 PM 2010, Blogger yaak said...

Please don't use liberal spelling to make this kind of point.

1) Why not? Rabbis much greater than I have used liberal spellings in gematrias before.

2) This was only very slightly liberal. I just made a Haseir into a Malei.

3) What is it about "this kind of point" that doesn't allow me to use it?

4) As I said before, the gematria is not the Ikkar. It was just there לרווחא דמילתא as they say.

 
At Fri Oct 15, 12:30:00 AM 2010, Anonymous Phil said...

1. I'd need examples for me to assess them.
2. I would not have complained if you were talking about Ya'acov, whose name is sometimes malei.
3. It's like those inspirational stories that get people jazzed about their Judaism, but that turn out to be made up. When the person finds out it's untrue, it can undo their enthusiasm, or worse.
4. I hear you, but it was the one line that had the equal sign, like the title of the post did. Oh, and does אחמעדינעדזשאד truly supposed to have a dalet and a zayin and a shin all next to each other, or is that liberal spelling, too? I googled on your spelling, and got two hits, yours. Then I tried אחמדינ'גד and got 8200 hits.

(I didn't think that your submission of the number of children of Ahmedinejad and Kedarl'omer was all that persuasive, either.)

 
At Fri Oct 15, 01:08:00 AM 2010, Blogger yaak said...

1) Here's one I found after a 5-minute search: בן יהוידע on the first chapter of ברכות:

גי' פה כמנין דניאל לבד
מן אות יו"ד דאינה יוצא במבטא

There are many more where that came from.

2) See above. Is דניאל ever Haseir?

3) Here may be your strongest argument, and I agree with you in your concern. I therefore try to use hedges whenever I can. Notice the title of the post had a question mark. Also, I stated "might also be utilized" instead of stating that this is Torah Min Hashamayim.

4) I clearly stated that the "דזש" was "Ashkenazic usage of Hebrew transliteration". I know very well that it's not the common usage. Rather, it's used to denote the letter "J" or a soft "G" in Ashkenazic Gittin, etc.

(I didn't think that your submission of the number of children of Ahmedinejad and Kedarl'omer was all that persuasive, either.

Neither did I - it was לרווחא דמילתא as well.

All this being said, I appreciate your comments on the more recent post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home