Recent Coalition Wars and Their Dates - the Kreplach Wars
- In the first Gulf War, President George H. W. Bush amassed a coalition of 34 nations to fight against Sadaam Hussein (ימח שמו וזכרו)'s Iraq. This war, where the coalition's military involvement started about 4 months after Hatzot of Friday of the Cosmic Clock, was declared over on Purim, 5751.
- In the war against Afghanistan, President George W. Bush put together a coalition of many nations to fight the Taliban. This war started on Hoshana Rabba, 5762.
- In the second Gulf War, President George W. Bush amassed a smaller coalition of nations to finish off Sadaam Hussein. This war started just after Purim, 5763.
- A new war is taking place by a new Edom-led coalition against Qadaffi. President Barack Hussein Obama is a major player in this coalition. This war started on Purim, 5771. It also started a bit more than 4 months before Minha Gedola of Friday of the Cosmic Clock.
Kreplach - mince meat covered with dough, also triangular in shape. The reason for eating kreplach on Purim is implied in two ways, based on initials.Between Hatzot and Minha Gedola is a time when one is forbidden to pray. One may neither pray Shaharit nor Minha during this time. Even Bedi'avad, while the Mishna Berura says that one need not pray again if he already prayed Shaharit during this time, many agree with the Beit Yosef that praying Shaharit during this time constitutes a Beracha Levatala - a blessing in vain. Regarding one who mistakenly or purposely prayed Minha during this time, there are again two opinions on the matter. The Mishna Berura quotes both opinions and concludes (in the Sha'ar Hatziyun) that the matter needs more research. The Kaf HaHayim also quotes both opinions and comes out that it's valid since we are lenient when it comes to a doubt in blessings. However, I reiterate that starting to pray at this time is forbidden.
- KRP - Kippur, Hoshana Rabba, Purim - these are the holidays on which we eat Kreplach, and they are connected with beating and striking (on the eve of Yom Kippur - 39 lashes that the penitents apply to themselves; Hoshana Rabba - striking the Arevot; Purim - striking Haman during the Megillah reading.
- Based on the verse in the book of Deuteronomy (13:16): "Hakeh takeh et yoshvei ha-ir" (you will surely smite the inhabitants of that city"), and of course in relation to beating and striking: HAKEH TAKEH - Hoshana Rabba, Kippur, Haman - "Tochlu Kreplach Harbeh" (You will eat a lot of Kreplach!!!)
Yishmael was born between Avraham's birth and Yitzhak's birth. Avraham instituted Shaharit. Yitzhak instituted Minha. The no-man's-land time in between belongs to Yishmael. We have seen the rise of Yishmael very prominently in the past 20 years. On the other hand, we have also seen its being smitten by Edom many times - in the Kreplach Wars. Yishmael's governments have been falling one by one recently. Will they all fall by Minha Gedola? We will soon see.