Geula-Related Recent Links

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Piyut Yomi #21: Daily Double - Yedei Rashim and Shin'anim Sha'ananim

Because these songs are very similar - one for Rosh Hashana and one for Yom Kippur (and because I'm running out of days), we're doing a Piyut Yomi Daily Double

Today's Piyut: Yedei Rashim
Composed by: Ribbi Yehuda Halevi
Version I'm most familiar with
: this

Today's Piyut: Shin'anim Sha'ananim
Composed by: Ribbi Shelomo Ibn Gabirol
Version I'm most familiar with
: this

4 Comments:

At Tue Jul 22, 12:51:00 AM 2014, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Can you translate Yedei Rashim's lyrics in English? I and my friends are really curious what about this is.

 
At Tue Jul 22, 10:33:00 AM 2014, Blogger yaak said...

Translation is difficult.

If you're really interested, I'd suggest you buy this Mahzor for a professional and annotated translation.

 
At Thu Aug 28, 06:34:00 PM 2014, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this piyut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMptGknbfGg

im sorry i can't provide you with translation, too difficult for my hebrew level

greetings from sefarad

 
At Sat Dec 13, 08:43:00 PM 2014, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't want the full translation but I wonder what about this song is. For example is it a religious music? Or is it about death? Or about the people who needs help? I can't tell you how this song makes me sorry. Because of this I really wanna know what about this is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home