Geula Update from Rav Fish - Hayei Sarah, 5772
- With what's going on in Syria, it's interesting what the Otzar Midrashim says that when Niron Mizrahi of Damascus falls, the Eastern kingdom will fall, and then, the salvation for Israel will sprout.
- David Hamelech captured Suria, but it didn't have the full status of Eretz Yisrael because it was captured before Eretz Yisrael proper was captured, says the Rambam on Demai 6:11. So why did David Hamelech do so? He knew that capturing Damascus was integral to getting the Beit Hamikdash. (דמשק is the same letters as מקדש. Also, אַפֵּךְ כְּמִגְדַּל הַלְּבָנוֹן צוֹפֶה פְּנֵי דַמָּשֶׂק - the Levanon refers to the Beit Hamikdash, says Shir Hashirim Rabba 7:10, and that is צופה פני דמשק, so there's a definite connection.) Therefore, he tried to capture Suria to bring about the Beit Hamikdash being rebuilt, but it was premature. Now that he captured Suria, he merited to see the light of the Beit Hamikdash prematurely in Bat Sheva - as he knew that the builder of the Beit Hamikdash would come via her. This is why he cried profusely over Bat Sheva's first son who died, as he carried the completion of Malchut Beit David and the Beit Hamikdash. It wasn't until Shelomo was born that David's kingdom shone. The Zohar (No'ah 73b) compares Bat Sheva belonging to Uriah Hahiti at first and Eretz Yisrael belonging to the Canaanites at first as being the same sod. This is because Bat Sheva represents the completeness of Eretz Yisrael. Both Bat Sheva and Eretz Yisrael were given over to the Kelipa first.
- Dina, the daughter of Yaakov, was switched in the womb with Yosef. Therefore, she had the masculine qualities of "going out" and Yosef had feminine qualities too. Pirkei DeRibbi Eliezer (38) says that Asenat was the daughter of Dina and Shechem and was sent away by Yaakov Avinu and ended up in Potifar's house. "Emunat Itecha" (5757 p. 16) writes that Dina had the spark of Mashiah Ben Yosef within her so וַתֵּצֵא דִינָה is the gematria of משיח בן יוסף and the gematria of the Milui of דינה is also equal to משיח בן יוסף. We see that Dina's job is to enter the Kelipa and work for Yosef and prepare the setting for Mashiah Ben Yosef - and this is called מדינה - i.e. the State of Israel comes from Dina - from the root of Dina, who is working in the Kelipa to prepare for Mashiah Ben Yosef. [YY - Rav Fish emphasizes here that any person who doesn't keep Mitzvot cannot be a Mashiah, as many mistakenly think.] By Dina being hidden in the box and not marrying Esav, Yaakov was punished - since her job was to join the Kelipa to produce Asenat, she wasn't supposed to be hidden anyways, so she could have helped Esav mend his ways, so this is why Yaakov Avinu was punished for this.
- The Zohar that talks about the 6.5 + 6.5 years after the 60 years - another girsa is really 6.5 + 6 years, which would put the end of the era at Pesah, 5772. Rav Morgenstern's Yam Hahochma agrees to this dating.
- Rav Shimon Horvitz ZT"L, a Rosh Yeshiva of Sha'ar Hashamayim and Kabbalist, wrote in an approbation to a book in 5692:
I request from the honor of his Torah that he should organize well all the hints and novelties regarding our Redemption and the freedom of our souls, and he should publish it with success and Hashem should help him with this because with the darkness of this great and awesome exile, it is proper for all who have secrets and good hints regarding the Redemption that they should publicize them as they cause joy in the hearts of man and cause a strengthening of hope, and they are like cold water on a tired soul.
- The Malbim at the end of Daniel gave his Ketz and people asked him how he could do so. He replied that תפח רוחן של מחשבי קצין only applied right after the Hurban, but not now.
- We saw the sudden passing of 3 Gedolei Yisrael, the Rashei Yeshivot of Mir, Beis Hatalmud and Beis Medrash Elyon. The common thread of all three is that they were Lithuanian Gedolim who came from America who had big Yeshivot in Eretz Yisrael. On a spiritual level, there is a clear hint from above that the spiritual connection of America and Eretz Yisrael took a huge blow and some of the Tzadikim who transported that positive influence are no longer with us.