Geula Update from Rav Fish - Vayigash, 5772
- We find in Midrash (Vayikra Rabba 10:5): [Yechonia's son is called] "She'altiel" because from him, the kingdom of the House of David was planted (Hushtela). That is, after the destruction of the first Beit Hamikdash, only 2 remnants were left from the House of David: Tzidkiyahu and Yechonia, who were in prison for many years. After the children of Tzidkiyahu were killed, there was a great concern in Am Yisrael that there would not be remnant left of the House of David because Yirmiyahu had cursed Yechonia that he would be childless. However, after Yechonia repented in the prison, Hashem canceled his oath. The Midrash (ibid 19:6) [YY- also Sanhedrin 37b-38a] relates how She'altiel was born, alowing the lineage of the House of David to continue: The people asked Nevuchadnetzar's wife, Shemir'am, to ask her husband to allow Yechonia's wife to enter the prison. After Nevuchadnetzar agreed, they lowered Yechonia's wife down via ropes. Originally, he did not have relations with her because she was a Niddah. After she counted her days and became pure, they lowered her down again, and a miracle occurred that she became pregnant from him standing up, and a seedling (שתיל) for the House of David was born from her. Therefore, they called him She'altiel like the words of the Midrash that we brought down. It comes out that the entire identity of She'altiel which is hinted at in his name is being the seedling from which comes the Mashiah. Rav Binyamin Eisenberger Shlit"a wrote me that She'altiel שאלתיאל is the gematria of תשע"ב, which is 772. This means that he was planted just for the purpose of the year 5772. The Ram"a MiPano writes (in Mayim Ganim vol. 1 - Likutim):
Zerubavel, the son of She'altiel, will arise in the future and say, "Yitgadal Veyitkadash Shemeih Rabba" until "Keitz Meshiheih" - that is the Keitz (endtime) of which it is said about it, "To My heart, I have revealed, but to My limbs, I have not revealed." And regarding that moment, it is said, "ה' עֹז לְעַמּוֹ יִתֵּן ה' יְבָרֵךְ אֶת עַמּוֹ בַשָּׁלוֹם The LORD will give strength unto His people; the LORD will bless his people with peace."It appears, we can add that עמו בשלום is Rashei Teivot of ע"ב and the letter before עמו is ת, and the letter after the ב is ש - altogether, it hints to תשע"ב. Also, שאלתיאל is the Rashei Teivot of the verses that speak about an oath in the 10 Commandments "לֹא תִשָּׂא אֶת שֵׁם הוי"ה אֱלֹהֶיךָ לַשָּׁוְא" as we explained that the Sod of Redemption in the year 5772 is the Sod of an oath. Also, She'altiel is the Rashei Teivot of the verse that hints to the Redemption in 5772 (Bereishit 17:21) וְאֶת בְּרִיתִי אָקִים אֶת יִצְחָק אֲשֶׁר תֵּלֵד לְךָ שָׂרָה לַמּוֹעֵד הַזֶּה בַּשָּׁנָה הָאַחֶרֶת. Also, She'altiel is the Rashei Teivot of the verse in which Yirmiyahu cries, "Until when?" (Yirmiya 13:27) רָאִיתִי שִׁקּוּצָיִךְ; אוֹי לָךְ, יְרוּשָׁלִַם--לֹא תִטְהֲרִי, אַחֲרֵי מָתַי עֹד.
- [After noting that the Hesed Le'avraham and others spoke about the greatness of 5760 as the year in which there was an awakening in the inner aspects of the Torah and the Yam HaHochma says that the purpose of the two 6.5 year periods following 5760 is to connect Mashiah Ben Yosef with Mashiah Ben David by spreading these inner aspects, he notes that] תש"ס is the gematria of the verse that symbolizes the connection of Mashiah Ben Yosef and Mashiah Ben David (Bereishit 44:18) וַיִּגַּשׁ אֵלָיו יְהוּדָה וַיֹּאמֶר בִּי אֲדֹנִי [Then Judah came near unto him, and said: 'Oh my lord, let thy servant, I pray thee...'] with the words and letters is 760. Rav Moshe Levinger Shlit"a adds that Yehuda hinted to Yosef "בי אדני" - meaning that the influence of Yosef is found within him and his way, he will enact in the world.
- 2 x 386 (the gematria of לשון - tongue) is 772 (תשבע - will swear). 772 = 4 x 193 (the gematria of זוקף), which is hinted to in the blessing of מקבץ נדחי עמו ישראל, as is brought down in the book Imrei No'am (Vayehi). It's also brought down in the Sefat Emet (Shavuot 5664):
"Every mouth will thank You and every tongue will swear allegiance to You." The mouth is rectified on Pesah - where it is pronounced "Peh Sah" - the mouth conversing. This is the first rectification which is done with the cooperation of the body. Afterwards, every tongue will swear allegiance to You with oaths which constitute the soul clinging to its root.We see that the tongue swearing allegiance represents the higher level of clinging to completeness.
- It's brought down in the book "Derech Tzadikim" (about the lives of Rav Mordechai Sharabi ZT"L and Rav Hayim Sinvani ZT"L, p. 360) the words of the Kabbalist R' Hayim Sinvani ZT"L, "When there will be provocations for war between Syria and Russia, you should know that this is the beginning of the Redemption."
- Gilad Shalit was born on 23 Av, 5746, which in Hebrew is כ"ג אב תשמ"ו, whose gematria equals תשע"ב, or 772.