Geula Update from Rav Fish - Miketz, 5772 - Part 1
Rav Fish's updates are like AMPM: Too much good stuff.
From Rav Fish's latest
- The first 5 pages relate to Hanukka and Yosef. I'm not summarizing this, but it's also great reading.
- As we're in the 8th decade of the 8th century of this millennium, these correspond to the Sefira of Hod, which is the lower portion of the "left" side. The job of the left side is to bring an end to everything. This is why we're at the end of Galut during this decade. יצחק (who comes from the left side) is the letters קץ חי, says the Tikkunei Zohar Hadash (128b). Also, the name of Hashem ש-ד-י, which comes from the left side, means: Hashem told His world, "Enough!" (די). And די [with the Kollel] is the gematria of הוד. Also, the Hida (Yosef Tehilot
47:22:4) quotes a Midrash saying that when the Israelites were in Egypt and Hashem wanted to hasten the Ketz, Hashem told the Avot, "If you lessen one letter from your names, I will hasten the Ketz." Yitzhak thereby said, "Take the ש (sin) from my name [of ישחק] and replace it with a צ to get a difference of 210. From this Midrash, we see that Yitzhak [from the left side] was the one who brought an end to the exile in Egypt.
- R' Hayim Betzalel Loiberbaum Shlit"a adds that it's brought down in the Arizal's Etz Hayim that Malchut is built from Hod of Arich. This explains why it's called קץ הימין since everything is considered ימין - even Hod - in the Arich.
- Tikunei Zohar connects the 8th Sefira of Hod to the 8 days of Hanukka and to עלי זית טרף בפיה, which symbolizes a Be'itah redemption as mentioned earlier. Also, the Zohar (Vayikra 4a) connects David Hamelech to Hod. דוד with the Kollel is the gematria of הוד. The verse (Tehilim 110:2) מַטֵּה-עֻזְּךָ--יִשְׁלַח יְהוָה, מִצִּיּוֹן; רְדֵה, בְּקֶרֶב אֹיְבֶיךָ has Sofei-Teivot חנכה. The Me'or Einayim connects the verse ערכתי נר למשיחי to the Hanukka candles. The book "Peri Hayim" (Kamarna) says that שמן is Rashei Teivot for נר של משיח. The book "Vedarashta Vehakarta" (vol. 1, p.81) says that משיח is Rashei Teivot מתגלה שמונת ימי חנכה [he will be revealed during the 8 days of Hanukka]. Also, the Rashei Teivot of מזוזה ימין חנכה שמאל. Also, the Ben Ish Hai says that the name of Mashiah is צמח which is the Rashei Teivot of ציצית מזוזה חנוכה, since these 3 Mitzvot are connected to Hanukka, as the She'iltot says, "Mezuza on the right, Hanuka candle on the left, and Tzitzit in the middle." The Emunot Itecha says that the Milui of משיח, which is מם שין יוד חית, is the gematria of הדלקת נר חנוכה. The Shevilei Pinhas writes that זית is the gematria of אדם דוד משיח.
- The Emunat Itecha (5757, p. 73) writes that we read Vayeishev close to Hanukka because this Perasha relates Yosef's descent to Egypt and Yehuda's descent to find a wife. These 2 descents were to under 10 hand-breadths, where the Shechina does not reside. This is because Egypt is a place of spiritual uncleanliness and Yehuda went down to a low level when he did the act with Tamar. However, the purpose of these 2 descents was to bring to the world the root of Mashiah Ben Yosef via Yosef and Mashiah Ben David via Yehuda. This hints to the light of Hanukka and the light of Mashiah which descend to shine in the place of darkness - under 10 handbreadths.
- I heard from a Jew who heard from Rav Yosef Leib Zusman ZT"L, one of the hidden Kabbalists of Yerushalayim in the previous generation, who told him that he and Rav Matisyahu Davis ZT"L have traditions coming from the Gr"a about the year 5772.
- I heard from Rav Menahem Zisman Shlit"a that תשע"ב is the letters of בתשע, meaning "in the 9th", hinting to the Sefira of Yesod, the 9th Sefira. This tells you that in this year, Yesod will reach its purpose and completion.
- R' Yehonatan G. adds that (Zecharia 14:7) וְהָיָה לְעֵת-עֶרֶב, יִהְיֶה-אוֹר hints to 5772 as לעת is 500 and ערב is 272, so when we reach 5772, there will be light. Also, אור hints to the end of the 7th hour in 5792, at which time אור (gematria of 207) years will be left until the end of the millennium, at which time we enter the 8th millennium which represents the supernatural and Le'atid Lavo.
- Rav Menahem Zisman Shlit"a adds that תשע"ב is the gematria of ליל שבת - to show that from this year, the shining of Shabbat night begins.
- שבעת רועים is the letters of תשע"ב.
- Ramban on Bereishit 14:1 says that the 4th exile of Edom and Romi is hinted at by Tid'al Melech Goyim. [YY- See also this post.] The Ramban writes that he is "the king over various nations who placed him upon them as a head and leader". R' Avraham Mordechai Safrin Shlit"a adds that the Ramban on Bereishit 36:46 according to the old Mikra'ot Gedolot version says that the 10th and final king of Edom will capture and rule of Paras.
- An Avreich asked R' Avraham[?] Genichovsky Shlit"a if the winds of war between Iran and the USA and Europe these days is what the [famous, oft-quoted] Yalkut Shimoni (about the nations provoking each other and Paras destroying the world, and Israel asking where to go, whereby Hashem replies not to worry as the time of the Redemption has come) is referring to. R' Genichovsky replied that indeed the first half of the Midrash has already been fulfilled, and now we are only awaiting the second half, where Am Yisrael will cry out to Hashem and request the Geula.
- Ovadia the prophet prophecied about the downfall of Edom during the time of the Redemption: "Though thou make thy nest as high as the eagle, and though thou set it among the stars, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD. If thieves came to thee, if robbers by night--how art thou cut off!--would they not steal till they had enough? If grape-gatherers came to thee, would they not leave some gleaning grapes? How is Esau searched out! How are his hidden places sought out!" Rashi on "how art thou cut off" explains, "How were you sleeping still until they stole all that they wanted? Harvesters at least leave solitary grapes, but these won't leave anything for you because they will search you out and will reveal and seek your hidden things." We see that the prophet compares the downfall of Edom in the future to a falling - like an eagle that falls from the heavens and like robbers and thieves who reveal all the secrets of Edom. Nowadays, we see this parable in real-life, as HKB"H caused the drone of the Edom (the USA) to fall in Iran, which is a symbol of its technology and pride. Then, the robbers and thieves [of Iran, Russia, and China] steal it and reveal the secrets of Edom. And everything is just a hint - like a parable in reality - to what is expected for them soon. (R' Menahem Zisman Shlit"a helped me with this explanation - says R' Fish.)
- Shushan Sodot (288) writes that the blessing of Et Tzemah hints to Mashiah Ben Yosef - or Yesod - and Retzei hints to Mashiah Ben David - or Malchut. It is not called "Geula" until the 2 Meshihin are joined, which joins Yesod and Malchut.
- Rav Shmuel Aurbach Shlit"a's approbation of the book "Va'asher Tavona Yagidu" which talks about the prophecies of the End of Days and the Ketz of the "Erev" of the year 5772:
There is no value put on the great thing to open an opening by way of the opening of the Rishonim in the words of the prophets which are said in truth, and whose prophecy is written and needed for generations. Who can fathom the greatness of the matter in the words of the prophets in the Redemption of Israel and the freedom of our souls? I wish all of Hashem's nation will contemplate and understand the words of the prophets.
- Rav Tzvi Kushelevsky's approbation of this book:
The verse says, "Then they that feared the LORD spoke one with another; and the LORD hearkened, and heard". The prophet speaks of the era of Ikveta Dimshiha and notes that there is a special obligation at that time to speak about the topic of strengthening our Emuna. Because during these crazy times, we need to strengthen ourselves with pure faith since all that befalls us is only a preparation to the Final Redemption, and it is a time of trouble unto Jacob, but out of it shall he be saved. Therefore, I bless the author of this book, who comes to fill the order of the hour to reveal from the words of the prophets and Haza"l what the interpretation of all that befalls us is, and from this that we unbelievably see comparisons to the words of Haza"l, the Geonim and Rishonim with all that befalls us, we will know that just as the earlier events were fulfilled, so too the later events will be fulfilled.
- [YY - The following is the Satmar view of this, which is not universally accepted.] The Vayoel Moshe of the Satmar Rebbe ZT"L says that when the gemara says that Ben David will not come until the מלכות הזלה of Israel will be destroyed, the explanation is that there will not even be left any rulership whatsoever. We see that before Mashiah's arrival, the government will be destroyed, and there is no alternative. This prevents the Redemption, and the Rambam writes something similar to this in Iggeret Teiman. However, we need mercy from Heaven that the government will only be destroyed via a Supernal power and not via the nations because if it is via the nations Has Veshalom, it will be a grave danger for Israel.
- Shir Hashirim Rabba 2:22 says קול דודי הנה זה בא refers to the King Mashiah at the time that he tells Israel, "You are being redeemed." The Megaleh Amukot writes similarly. I heard from R' Yehonatan G. Shlit"a that this verse hints to the process of this century. הנה is the gematria of 60 - hinting to the first 60 years of the process. הנה זה is the gematria of 72 because that is when the process of the coming of Mashiah begins. When you add the word בא, you get to 75, as that is when the process is complete. R' Moshe Levinger Shlit"a adds that בא is the letters of אב, which is the month of the birth of Mashiah. Also, the word זה represents the Yesod with the sod of Mashiah Ben Yosef, as is brought in the book "Malach Haberit" by the Ben Ish Hai (Parshat Re'eh).