Weird News All Around
- Tomer Devorah has a list of strange things going on in the world
- Fox News: Mysterious Booms Rattle Wisconsin City
- A commenter on my previous post pointed out that on the video of Rav Scheinberg ZT"L and יבלט"ו Rav Ovadia Shlit"a, at the 2:07 mark, someone screams out what sounds like, "Mi Ze Harav Sandler?" I noted that it happened right after Rav Ovadia's blessing of עוֹד, יְנוּבוּן בְּשֵׂיבָה; דְּשֵׁנִים וְרַעֲנַנִּים יִהְיוּ. Weird.
- Ladaat points out that Rav Sandler's last Devar Torah that he submitted for publication has to do with ארבעה חשובין כמת.
- Ladaat also points out that Reb Shlomo Gross, who tragically died suddenly Friday afternoon passed away 3 days after the Vishnitzer Rebbe passed away. 11 years ago, after a growth was found on Reb Shlomo that the doctors were concerned about, he went to the Vishnitzer Rebbe for a blessing. The Vishnitzer Rebbe blessed him and told him, "I will watch over you."
- Memri: Egyptian Cleric Wagdi Ghoneim Praises Allah for the Death of Pope Shenouda III: "May Allah Exact Revenge from Him in the Hellfire" h/t Hamikdash. It's somewhat ironic that this guy's name "Ghoneim" - when letters are rearranged - can spell Gehinom.