Geula Update from Rav Fish - Devarim 5773
From Rav Fish's latest:
Note: the first 5 pages of this pdf are also an interesting read for Hebrew-speakers, having to do with the Kotel. I'm only translating the Geula section of the pdf, as usual.
- Rav Ovadia's dream: the Avreichim will be recruited
- R' David Persitz heard from Rav Bentzion Mutzafi that Rav Ovadia told him that the Mashiah told him in the dream that:
אֲנִי רוֹצֶה שֶׁכָּל הָאַבְרֵכִים יִתְגַּיְּסוּ לְלַמֵּד תּוֹרָה אֶת הָרְחוֹקִים לַעֲבוֹדַת ה', וְשֶׁיַּגִּיד לְכָל הַבַּחוּרִים וְהָאַבְרֵכִים שֶׁיֵּצְאוּ וִיקָרְבוּ אֶת הָאֲנָשִׁים לַעֲבוֹדַת ה'.I want that all the Avreichim will be recruited to teach Torah to those who are far away in order to serve Hashem, and that he will tell all the Bahurim and Avreichim to go out and bring the people closer to serving Hashem.
- [YY - Note: the YNet article doesn't have the first part of this wording.]
- Rav Persitz explains that the Mashiah was hinting that when there will be a decree that Avreichim will be recruited [into the IDF], that is when he will come.
- Also האברכים יתגייסו is the same gematria as ה'תשע"ב.
- Egypt against Egypt and Nevu'at Hayeled
- We see the intra-Egyptian fighting during the 3 weeks - or in Hebrew, סכסוך בין מצרים בימי בין המצרים - of 5773, during 24-25 Tammuz, which are times auspicious for Redemption with the Sod of ערב and of Noah's dove who returned with the olive branch on this day. And the verse "And I will spur Egypt against Egypt" on the eve of Redemption has been fulfilled.
- [YY - Before reading the next section, read my post from late last week first.]
- In Egypt, they coronated a new king whose name is Mansour [מנצור], which is similar to מצרים and בין המצרים. And see an amazing thing that Nevuat Hayeled Nahman Ketufa, 1500 years ago, mentions the name "Mansour" when speaking about the Redemption. This means that there will be a king by the name of Mansour who will rule over parts of Yishmael at the time of the Redemption. And afterwards, he mentions Persia and Turkey who will come to fight against Eretz Yisrael. [YY - See the wording in the previous post.] Also, the Malbim (Yehezkel 32:17) says:
And first, the main downfall will be in Egypt, who are closest to Israel. They will come as the head, and they will fall. And the Assyrians and the Persians will come to avenge them, and they will both fall on both sides.
- In the latest letters that the Mekubal Rav Moshe Aharon Hakohen Shlit"a sent to Rav Daniel Stavsky Shlit"a and were publicized, the Rav called for learning Nevu'at Hayeled Nahman Ketufa as it applies to these days. And indeed we see that these things have been immediately fulfilled.
- The Mekubal Kohen is hidden from the eyes of the public and it is not known where he has been for close to 50 years [!]. Back in the day, he was a Havruta to the Mekubal Rav Mordechai Shar'abi ZT"L and then disappeared. According to estimations, he must be today 110 years old [!]. The sole known connection to him is the letters that he sends occasionally to Rav Daniel Stavsky Shlit"a. In the last 2 years, every time, he has written about the Redemption that is at the doorway and about the importance of praying at Kever David on Har Tzion.
- [YY - According to this Arutz Sheva Hebrew article, he is the only person the Halban would name (in 2009) as a ל"וnik.]
- R' Moshe Levinger adds that we also see the connection with the ships that will leave Turkey at the beginning of the Gog Umagog War as is brought down in Nevu'at Hayeled Nahman Ketufa. As is brought down in the Targum Yonatan ben Uziel on the last verse of Bil'am's prophecy (Bemidbar 24:24) "But ships shall come from the coast of Kittim, and they shall afflict Asshur, and shall afflict Eber, and he also shall come to destruction." [YY - see also this post for possible translations of the T"Y.] The Targum Yonatan says: וציצין יצטרחן במני זיינא ויפקון באכלוסין סגיאין מן למברניא ומארע אטליא ויצטרפון בלגיונין דיפקון מן קוסטנטיני ויצערון לאתוראי וישעבדון כל בנוי דעבר ברם סופהון דאיליין ואליין למיפל ביד מלכא משיחא ויהוון עד עלמא לאובדנא
- The Targum Yerushalmi there adds the word "דרומאי", which hints to Egypt, which is on the South. From this verse, we see that Turkey will go out to war earlier against other nations: "and they shall afflict Asshur, and shall afflict Eber" and eventually, "and he also shall come to destruction" in the hands of King Mashiah.
- Also, the Targum Yonatan on verse 19 says that a ruler will arise from the House of Yaakov and will destroy the remnants of the evil city Constantinople.
- And it's brought down in the Ibn Ezra on Daniel 11:36:
You should know that Aram is northwest of Israel. Also, Constantinople is north. And at the Endtimes - at the arrival of the end of the King of the North, who will have been successful until the wrath [of HKB"H] is finished [from Israel] - then will come the Endtime of the redeemer, as it will explain. And it does not mention when that will be - it just mentions that this king will go out and wage war against the King of Egypt and capture Egypt and then go to the Land [of Israel] and will then be killed. And after a known number of days from his death, a redeemer will come to Israel.
- It's possible that there is a hint to the personal conflict between the former president of Egypt [Mubarak] and the president of Turkey [Erdogan], where Mubarak prevented Erdogan from visiting Egypt, etc. And after Mubarak's downfall, relations improved between the 2 nations. But now with the downfall of Morsi, the argument between them has returned. [As the Ibn Ezra said:] "and capture Egypt and then go to the Land [of Israel]".
- And similarly, I heard in the name of Rav Mordechai Elishar Shlit"a that the name of Turkey's leader is ארדואן [Erdogan], which is the gematria of ארס [venom]. (And this is also the gematria of אירן [Iran].)
- Also, טורקיה [Turkey] is the gematria of שדוך [Shidduch] since before the Redemption, which has the aspect of a marriage, there is a Shadchan that makes the connection.
- It's also brought down in the Malbim on Yoel 4:9 that:
In the future, the nations of Edom will be awakened to capture the Land [of Israel] and they will make a large massacre against the children of Egypt, who have the faith of the Yishmaelim. And then, the Yishmaelim will be awakened to take revenge for their brothers from the Edomim, and they will kill in them a massacre and destruction. And the Edomim will again fight with the children of Yishmael and kill in them.We see that the Gog Umagog War will begin with Edom fighting against Egypt on the way to the Land of Israel, as it indeed was during WWII, when the Germans ימ"ש fought in Egypt on their way to Yerushalayim. And it's possible to explain that the war is first in Egypt since Egypt wants Yerushalayim for itself and will be the first to go out against Yerushalayim, as is brought down in a Midrash. And since Edom also wants Yerushalayim for itself, they too will go out to war against Yerushalayim, and this will cause the Gog Umagog War, which is a war of Edom against Yishmael.
- Also, it says: "For I am the LORD thy God, The Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour; I have given Egypt as thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee." We see that Hashem gives the Satan the Egyptians as a ransom instead of Israel. Like we find in Midrash (Yalkut Shemot 341)
Israel is so beloved that HKB"H gave the Egyptians as their ransom in place of their lives, as it says "I have given Egypt as thy ransom". Why? "Since thou art precious in My sight."
- And on a deeper level, what we see in the verses that the downfall of Gog Umagog will be in this way - that on the way to Yerushalayim, they will fight with Egypt, which will awaken a war of Edom against Yishmael - it comes out according to this that Egypt's war against Israel will work to Israel's advantage. It appears that this stems from the awakening of the root of the Exodus from Egypt to help the nation of Israel. This is because every light leaves a mark wherever it once was shining, and in Egypt, a mark is left from the light of the Exodus from Egypt. This root works against the Kelipa of Egypt to Israel's advantage. And even though the means of its actions are sometimes by means of war against Israel, the root of all this works, at the end of the matter, to Israel's benefit, as we explained, and it shows that this root is to Israel's advantage. And really, this is what happened in WWII, which is related to Gog Umagog, that they [the Germans] fell in Egypt as they were not successful to go up to Yerushalayim.
- R' Tzion David Siboni adds that it so occurred that the second revolution in Egypt was almost non-violent [YY - this can be disputed] and they gave it a name: מהפכת הזיקוקין [The Fireworks Revolution] where הזיקוקין is the gematria of 288 like the 288 [Kabbalistic holy] sparks, as the purpose of the Redemption is to finish the filtering of the 288 sparks that are hinted to with fireworks. And the root of the 288 sparks was in Egypt, which is the root of all exiles, and there, they filtered 202 sparks of the 288, as is brought down in the Megaleh Amukot (Korah). And now that all 288 have just-about finished [filtering] as we head toward the Final Redemption, it has come down to reality with the revolution of the sparks in Egypt.
- Also, מהפכת הזיקוקין is the gematria of ארץ ישראל and מהפכת is the gematria of ישראל with the letters, both showing that the reason for the revolution is because of the Land of Israel.
- It's also told over about the Baba Sali ZT"L that he did not allow the bones of his grandfather - Ribbi Yaakov Abuhatzeira ZT"L - to be brought up from Egypt, and he said that there is a great Sod that is tied to the Redemption [in keeping them in Egypt], and he therefore needs to be buried specifically in Egypt.
- And similarly, it's mentioned in the book "Abir Yaakov" (p. 186) that during WWII, when there was a great fear of the Germans ימ"ש going up to the Land of Israel, Ribbi Yaakov Abuhatzeira came in a dream to Ribbi Yitzhak Alfiya ZT"L, one of the great Kabbalists in the Land of Israel, and told him to go pray at his grave in Egypt. And the wording in the book is: "And is it for nothing that I am buried here in Egypt?!" And many miracles occurred until he was able to arrive. And the very day that he arrived and prayed at the grave-site, the Germans suffered their downfall in Egypt.
- R' Shimon Shapira adds that also, during the destruction of the first Beit Hamikdash, Egypt tried to intervene for Israel's benefit, as it says, "'Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel: Thus shall ye say to the king of Judah, that sent you unto Me to inquire of Me: Behold, Pharaoh's army, which is come forth to help you, shall return to Egypt into their own land. And the Chaldeans shall return, and fight against this city; and they shall take it, and burn it with fire."
- It is also brought down in Rashi on Yirmiya 47:1
that when Nevuchadnetzar besieged Yerushalayim in the 10th year of Tzidkiyahu's reign, the army of Par'oh left Egypt and the Chaldeans went up from Yerushalayim. Par'oh heard this, flooded Aza, and returned to his land.
- Also, the verses talking about spurring Egypt against Egypt: מַשָּׂא, מִצְרָיִם: הִנֵּה יְהוָה רֹכֵב עַל-עָב קַל, וּבָא מִצְרַיִם, וְנָעוּ אֱלִילֵי מִצְרַיִם מִפָּנָיו, וּלְבַב מִצְרַיִם יִמַּס בְּקִרְבּוֹ וְסִכְסַכְתִּי מִצְרַיִם בְּמִצְרַיִם, וְנִלְחֲמוּ אִישׁ-בְּאָחִיו וְאִישׁ בְּרֵעֵהוּ, עִיר בְּעִיר, מַמְלָכָה בְּמַמְלָכָה hint to the year 5772, as the Siddur Rasha"sh says that the number 228, which is the gematria of הוי"ה ע"ב ק"ל, which is the gematria of ברוך, raises up - with the word ברוך - the Shechina from Beri'ah to Atzilut, and this is the Sod of the return of the Shechina from exile to Redemption. And 228 is the number of years from 5772 until the end of sixth millennium.
- [After mentioning the famous Ba'al Haturim and a Midrash on the last verse in Hayei Sarah about Yishmael, which alludes to the Redemption coming after Yishmael's downfall: "And they dwelt from Havilah unto Shur that is before Egypt, as thou goest toward Asshur: over against all his brethren he did (settle)[fall].",] R' Yitzhak Ben Eliyahu adds that the verse mentions Egypt and Ashur, which is Syria, where the main revolutions are seen.
- End of Humash Bemidbar
- It's brought down in the book "Avodat Yisrael" that the 21 days of the 3 weeks plus the 21 nights correspond to the 42 travelings which we read in Parshat Mas'ei during the 3 weeks. Also, Mas'ei finishes Humash Bemidbar, which symbolizes exile which is in the aspect of a desert - to hint that until here is exile, and afterwards, we are moving to Devarim, wherein we are entering the Land of Israel in the Sod of Redemption.
- Persia's Role in the End of Days
- The famous Yalkut Shimoni that talks about the King of Persia מחריב את כל העולם - destroying the whole world - can also mean that at the time of the Redemption, the Persians will destroy the העלם האור - the hidden nature of the light - and will reveal the light of the Redemption. And similarly, we see that Persia was the only Kelipa that gave permission and assisted building the second Beit Hamikdash.
- The Danger of the Transition Period to Mashiah
- And I also heard from Rav Aharon Shtern Shlit"a, who heard from his grandfather, Rav Zecharia Shtern ZT"L, that the Hazon Ish told him that he is concerned about the transition period between the Erev Rav regime to the kingdom of King Mashiah, which will be especially dangerous.