Geula Update from Rav Fish - Matot/Mas'ei 5773
From Rav Fish's latest:
- The 12-Year-Old Dream of Rav Ovadia Yosef Shlit"a
- It was publicized about 12 years ago Maran Rav Ovadia related in his shiur that he saw Mashiah ben David in his dream and he asked the Mashiah when he will come to redeem Israel. The Mashiah answered him that Baruch Hashem, there are many Ba'alei Teshuva, and if more people will be added to repent before Hashem - just a little more - he will already be able to come to redeem Israel, and the matter is not far.
- [YY - See some more details about this dream here.]
- 3 Times Tears
- The gemara in Sanhedrin 97b says:
It has been taught; R. Nathan said: This verse pierces and descends to the very abyss:11 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though he tarry, wait for him; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.12 Not as our Masters, who interpreted the verse,and Rashi explains:
until a time and times and the dividing of time;13 nor as R. Simlai who expounded, Thou feedest them with the bread of tears; and givest them tears to drink a third time;14
"And givest them tears to drink a third time" - in other words, HKB"H gave them to drink from both the Egyptian Exile and the Babylonian Exile - one third of the Edomite Exile. This is because the end of the Edomite Exile will be at the end of 3 times 400 years [of the Egyptian Exile], plus 3 times 70 years of the Babylonian Exile, which is altogether 1410 years.
- We see that Rashi didn't include the Greek Exile in his calculation.
- Rav Eliyahu Buhbut Shlit"a explains that if we add the 180 years of the Greek Exile and multiply it by 3, as it says "and givest them tears to drink a third time", it comes out that the time of the Geula could be 5775.
- [YY - my calculation gets it to 5778, but continue reading.]
- As it is brought down in Midrash (Tanhuma Kedoshim 15)
ותשקמו בדמעות שליש "And givest them tears to drink a third time" - it does not say "שלוש", but rather "שליש", implying that they weren't complete.This tells us that it is less than a 1:3 ratio.
- Look at the Schottenstein Edition there which brings down from the Ein Eliyahu that the gemara is speaking a Be'itah Keitz, which is the Keitz within which the Mashiah is already obligated to come, as is explained there.
- And although we did not include the Persian Exile - who ruled after the building of the Beit Hamikdash - in the calculation, this is because these years were spent while under the kingdom of kindness, who helped build the second Beit Hamikdsah, so it is not applicable to say "with tears".
- Yosef and Tzion
- We will bring down a chart from the Midrash (Tanhuma Vayigash 10) showing that everything that occurred with Yosef and his brothers is a hint to what will occur in the Final Redemption. And if the Sod of the revelation of Yosef to his brothers was at the time of Minha Gedola, this is a clear proof that the Final Redemption will occur during the same time.
- Also there, everything was done in a hidden way until Yosef revealed himself to them and said, "I am Yosef, your brother." Then, they understood all that had transpired for the previous 22 years.
- The Arizal gives prominence to the year 5775, as we mentioned previously, from Shemot 38:28.
- It is brought down in the writings of Rav Menahem Mendel of Shklov (Raza Dehemnuta 97, Biurei Hazohar 156, Likutim 331) that 1+775 [=776], which hints to this verse:
- ...is the gematria of רות נעמי.
- Also of שכנות, who gave the name to the ancestor of Mashiah, as in the verse וַתִּקְרֶאנָה לוֹ הַשְּׁכֵנוֹת שֵׁם לֵאמֹר, יֻלַּד-בֵּן לְנָעֳמִי; וַתִּקְרֶאנָה שְׁמוֹ עוֹבֵד, הוּא אֲבִי-יִשַׁי אֲבִי דָוִד [And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying: 'There is a son born to Naomi'; and they called his name Obed; he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.]
- It is also the gematria of נקודה אמצעית [midpoint] of the Tree of Life.
- Also of בריאת עולם הזה [creation of this world] since in this year, it will come to its purpose with the Final Redemption.
- Also of הרן בתואל לבן [the fathers of the matriarchs of Israel], since from them Kelal Yisrael was born along with the root of Mashiah, who was born from Lot, the son of Haran.
- Persia, Cush, and Put
- Rav A. Kelil adds that the prophecy about Gog Umagog is being fulfilled in front of our eyes. It says: "Persia, Cush, and Put with them". As we see, Persia [Iran] made a treaty with Kush [Sudan] and they set up military bases there. And it's possible that "Put" hints to "Putin" as we see that he too is allied with Syria and Iran.
- Land of Magog
- R' Tzion David Siboni adds that ארץ המגוג with the letters is the gematria of אמריקה.