Geula Update from Rav Fish - Beha'alotecha 5774
Just going to summarize one thing from Rav Fish's newsletter this week (p. 14):
- From the Zohar Vayehi 235b, we see that the tribe of Reuven will wage wars in the world in the future and will win those wars, causing the world to fear him.
- "Migdal Eder" - which talks about the beginning of Redemption (see more about that here) is mentioned (Bereishit 35:21) in the topic of the story of Reuven and Bilhah since this applies to the period of MBY which works via the Kelipot - and especially via the Kelipa of Erev Rav, which is from Datan and Aviram, who came from Reuven.
- We also see from the Zohar that the kingdom will not remain with Reuven, but will transfer to King Mashiah.
- This is just like Reuven lost the kingship to Yehuda after he switch his father's bed around.
- It refers to the Erev Rav Kelipa from the children of Reuven - that is what corresponds to the State of Israel.
- It could be interpreted in 2 manners:
- It refers to the wars in the year 1948 and 1967, when the children of Reuven won great wars and the nations are afraid of them because of the nuclear bomb.
- Or, it refers to some future war that the State of Israel will fight, like against Iran, for example - and even though they will be victorious, the kingship will transfer to Mashiah.
- It is similarly brought in the book of the Mekubal - Tzaddik Nistar - R' Baruch Shapira ZT"L from Ma'aleh Adumim - that the Geula will begin after the State of Israel will attack Iran.
- R' D. Katz adds that יחי ראובן ואל ימת has the gematria תשע"ד.
- R' M. P. adds that ראובן (Reuven) is the same letters as באירן (in Iran) if we lengthen the י to a ו, as is a known Kabbalistic tactic.