Top 16 Reasons to Oppose Disengagement
- The land is ours from Biblical times.
- We captured it in a defensive war.
- Disengagement will not improve security.
- Disengagement will increase the appetite of the Palestinians for more land.
- It will show them that terror pays.
- Jews should never have to be kicked out of their homes because they are Jews.
- The sight of our enemies taking over Jewish homes is hard to bear.
- The possibility of Jews fighting against other Jews is hard to bear.
- The Palestinians are not really disengaging - they are still planning to work in Israel.
- The industry of Gush Katif will be lost (including hydroponic produce).
- The government fooled the people who moved there. They were encouraged by the Prime Minister to move there. Now he wants them to leave??
- Jewish graves will have to be moved.
- Disengagement is dividing the country. Do we need another reason to discourage Ahdut?
- Relocating 9000 people would be logistics nightmare.
- Providing security during the disengagement will be extremely difficult.
- Would you kick these kids (among 4000 children) out of their homes?
Any more that I missed? Feel free to add them in the comments.