Geula Goings On
Rav Ben Tzion Mutzafi said regarding the situation in Israel that "These are signs of Redemption, that the Redemption is near...We now know that we are closer to Redemption and that Hakadosh Baruch Hu wants to redeem us, but we just can't miss the moment." He later warned that we can expect a worsening of the situation, however, if we don't improve our actions. Rav Zer said something similar.
R' Lazer Brody quotes the Melitzer Rebbe, who goes a step further and says that the Geula has started.
The Gemorra in tractate Sota, 49b, lists a number or preconditions that indicate the imminent end of the diaspora and the coming of Moshiach. Until recently, all but two of these conditions have been fulfilled. The next to-the-last condition, namely, that residents of the borders shall roam from place to place, was fulfilled last year with the disengagement and the destruction of Gush Katif, and even more so today, as the south of Israel hosts thousands of displaced families from the Galilee. The final condition, the destruction of the Galilee, is something none of would have ever believed. Yet, it's happening before our startled eyes. Kiriat Shemona, Tzfat, and Nahariya are in shambles, and these very minutes, our beautiful Galilee continues to burn, as raging fires destroy thousands of acres of fields and forests. The earth of the Galilee cries out from the blood of her dedicated residents.
With Gemorra in hand, I hastened to the Melitzer Rebbe shlit'a. I asked him point blank: "Rebbe, the list is complete; has the Geula (redemption of our people) started?"
The Melitzer looked me straight in the eye and sid, "Yes!"
There you have it, folks: The Geula has started.
The Melitzer quickly clarified, "No one knows when Moshiach will come. It could be a day, a month, a year, or even more. But, the meaning of Geula is that we all must do Tshuva very fast, for once the process accelerates, at a certain stage, one no longer will be able."
"Must everyone come to Israel now?" I asked.
"No," answered the Rebbe, "but they must all make tshuva!"
Hashem1.net also outlines many statements from Hazal that deal with the current situation in Israel:
- From a Midrash
אמר ר’ שמעון בן פזי: באותה השעה מגביה הקב"ה למשיח עד השמים, ופורש עליו מזיו כבודו, מפני אומות העולם, מפני פרסיים הרשעים. אומר לו [הקב"ה למשיח]: אפרים (כינוי למשיח) משיח צדקי, הוי דיין על אלו (הפרסיים) ועשה בהם מה שנפשך חפצה, שאלמלא רחמי שגברו עליך כבר איבדוך מן העולם ברגע אחד, שנאמר: "הבן יקיר לי אפרים וגו’"…
The Persians threatening to destroy Israel in one moment
- From R' Yonatan Eybeshitz who says (based on the Gemara in Yoma)
אפילו יגיע זמן קץ, מכל מקום יתמהמה [המשיח] עד שיפלו פרסיים ביד רומיים- even if the Mashiah's time has arrived, he will delay until the Persians fall to the Romans (Edom). The Maharal says that "Paras" is referring to Islam in general.
- The Sefer Zerubavel says that Mashiah Ben Yosef stood 40 years in Yerushalayim (it's the 40th year since the Six Day War) and then, the Persian king will engage Israel and it will be great trouble for Israel...The signs will come in the 6th year, in the 5th month - the month of Av - in the 6th of the month - and then, there will be a great trouble for Israel which had never existed before, and people will flee.
- The gemara in Sotah talks about the Galilee being demolished
- The Zohar in Shemot talks about wars starting in the Galilee
- The Haftara talks about מצפון תפתח הרעה and Sefer Zerubavel also talks about Aharon's staff being hidden by Eliyahu Hanavi
- The Zohar 3:166a talks about the Persians ruling Israel for 12 months and killing Mashiah ben Yosef
- The Midrash Rabba talks about Persian horses tied to the graves in Israel is a sign to expect Mashiah
- Rashi on Sanhedrin 98 says that Persian armies and horses will come to Israel and captured it in the War of Gog Umagog
- Ramhal says that the Hevlei Mashiah will start from Paras
To be continued...