The name Hussein has historically been synonymous for hatred of Jews.
- Mohammad Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem during WWII was a friend of Hitler ימ"ש, and it would be an understatement to call him a שונא ישראל.
- King Hussein of Jordan was a big enemy of Israel until about 15 years ago, when his hatred diminished somewhat. His attitude of אמר אויב ארדף אשיג אחלק שלל תורישמו ידי during the Six Day War was a classic example of this hatred, but B"H, also led to his defeat.
- Sadaam Hussein sent 39 scud missiles to Israel with intent to indiscriminately kill as many Jews as possible. He is undoubtedly one of the top Jew-haters in the last century.
- Barack Hussein Obama has shown signs of this (his relationship with Khalidi and Wright, and willingness to talk to Ahmedinejad ימ"ש are but a few examples of this), but not quite on the level of the others yet and hopefully not ever - we'll have to wait and see. It sure makes Aliya all that more tempting.
On the positive side...
- Jesse Jackson just lost his raison d'être so maybe he'll finally be quiet once and for all.
- Obama just chose Rahm Emanuel, a Jew, to be his chief-of-staff. (Rahm's father was my son's pediatrician before he retired.)
- Apparently, Obama was very nice to Illinois State Senator (and religious Jew) Ira Silverstein when they worked together in Springfield, so I hope that his niceness will be displayed on a larger scale - to the Jewish community at large
- 'לב מלכים ושרים ביד ה - so really there's nothing to worry about if we have Bitahon - we need to pray that if Mashiah doesn't come before Obama takes office, that President Obama will be good to the Jews and Israel.
- איזהו חכם הלומד מכל אדם - I'm not a חכם, but I strive to be one. We can learn a great מוסר השכל from Obama. "Pundits" say that Obama's greatest strength during his campaign was that he didn't lose his cool during the debates or at any time that he was faced with adversity. This reminded me of the beginning of Iggeret HaRamban:
תִּתְנַהֵג תָּמִיד לְדַבֵּר כָּל דְּבָרֶיךָ בְּנַחַת לְכָל אָדָם וּבְכָל עֵת, וּבָזֶה תִּנָצֵל מִן הַכַּעַס, שֶׁהִיא מִדָּה רָעָה לְהַחֲטִיא בְּנֵי אָדָם.
Now, whether or not Obama is Gog, I'll leave that up to Hashem to decide.