What's With All the Prison Talk Today?
An extraordinary amount of news today had to do with incarceration and imprisonment of Jewish people:
- Some Emanuel mothers need to go to jail later, some don't have to at all
- Sholom Rubashkin was sentenced to 27 years R"L
- Ambassador Oren first says that Jonathan Pollard was part of a rogue agency, then backtracks
- Jack Abramoff now works in pizza shop, was giving Torah classes in prison
- A new "Free Shalit" flotilla is scheduled to sail in New York on Thursday. Also, 10,000 demonstrate to free Shalit in Paris.
I noticed that the 10th of Tamuz was when Tzidkiyahu Hamelech, the last Jewish ruling king we had from Malchut Beit David, was captured by the Babylonians.
May Hashem quickly fulfil הוציאה ממסגר נפשי להודות את שמך and release those imprisoned.
And may Hashem quickly renew the Malchut Beit David, bimheira veyameinu, Amen.