Recent Links of Interest
- Akiva mentions and repeats a Ketz date of the 17th of Iyar this year, based on some Mekubalim. Some strange non-Jewish group agrees with that date too.
- Rucho Shel Moshiach asks if Obama dreamt his own Gog prophecy.
- Neshama composes Goliath and David - little Israel standing strong.
- Shirat Devorah tells us not to panic.
- Welcome back to Judah HaKohein. We wish you well.
- קולמוס explains how the Arab unrest brings us towards the end of slavery.
- The Curious Jew posts on the cRc's Starbucks List.
- What's going on with the sudden rash of cases of brazen Sepharadi Roshei Yeshiva forcing Ashkenazi customs upon Sepharadi students at their weddings? Case 1, Case 2, and Case 3. The imposing of these customs has been going on a long time, I feel, but I never heard of this being done at the time of their weddings or leaving the weddings (in one case with his students) because of it. And so many in such a short time period is odd. Maybe it was just underreported until now. (Update: How to get accepted to an Ashkenazified Sepharadi Yeshiva - at Kikar (Hebrew) is very cute and pointed.)
- The Maccabeats have a new Purim song (reported first to me on Modern Uberdox). Being that I was perhaps the only Jblogger on the planet who neglected to post the Maccabeat's Hanukka song, I'll post that now as well.