Geula Update from Rav Fish - Vayehi, 5772
- Daniel 8:14: עד ערב בקר can hint to עד ע"ב - until 72.
- Mentioned earlier:
- The verse says (Zecharia 9:13) כִּי-דָרַכְתִּי לִי יְהוּדָה, קֶשֶׁת מִלֵּאתִי אֶפְרַיִם, וְעוֹרַרְתִּי בָנַיִךְ צִיּוֹן, עַל-בָּנַיִךְ יָוָן; וְשַׂמְתִּיךְ, כְּחֶרֶב גִּבּוֹר [For I bend Judah for Me, I fill the bow with Ephraim; and I will stir up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Javan, and will make thee as the sword of a mighty man.] The Malbim writes on this verse, "One prophecy is what will take place during the second Beit Hamikdash that the children of Yehuda will defeat the children of Greece through Hashem's salvation. And Yehuda will be like a bent bow in Hashem's hands to fight with the Greeks. A second prophecy is 'I fill the bow with Ephraim' - that in the future, during Gog Umagog, the children of Ephraim will be awakened and they will be Hashem's bow to fight against Gog Umagog. And the words correspond to each other." We see that the Malbim explained that prophecy about the Hashmona'im and about the wars of Mashiah Ben Yosef in the future. And we can explain that the period of Mashiah Ben Yosef will be wars fought naturally just as it was during the period of the Hashmona'im, where the miracles were cloaked within nature. And just like the Hashmona'im acted during a difficult spiritual period for Am Yisrael, as there were many Hellenists, similarly, Mashiah Ben Yosef acts during a difficult spiritual period for Am Yisrael. And perhaps, this is exactly the reason why salvations need to be cloaked within nature and we don't see open miracles because the generation is not worthy of seeing open miracles. Unfortunately, our situation today is much worse than the situation of the Hashmona'im, as at least those who feared G-d ran the systems, which we have not merited today.
- From last week:
- The Targum of the verse that talks about the Gog Umagog War (Yehezkel 38:8) מִיָּמִים רַבִּים, תִּפָּקֵד--בְּאַחֲרִית הַשָּׁנִים תָּבוֹא אֶל-אֶרֶץ מְשׁוֹבֶבֶת is מִיוֹמִין סַגִיאִין תְּמַנִי מַשִׁרְיָתָךְ בְּסוֹף שְׁנַיָא תְהַךְ עַל אַרְעָא - the Rashei Teivot is תשע"ב.
- The Zohar (Vayehi 213a) says:
Ribbi Hiya opened and said: The verse " נִשְׁבַּע יְהוָה בִּימִינוֹ, וּבִזְרוֹעַ עֻזּוֹ [The LORD hath sworn by His right hand, and by the arm of His strength]" HKB"H swore that He will take Israel out of their exile and that He would not leave them in the lands of their enemies. The verse says, "וַיֹּאמֶר שַׁלְּחֵנִי, כִּי עָלָה הַשָּׁחַר; וַיֹּאמֶר לֹא אֲשַׁלֵּחֲךָ, כִּי אִם-בֵּרַכְתָּנִי [And he said: 'Let me go, for the day breaketh.' And he said: 'I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.'] What does ברכתני [bless me] mean? He gave them exile and promised them that they would be redeemed from it.From this Zohar, we see that the main oath has the aspect of Hashem's Right Hand. We already said that the year 5772 has the Sod of the Name of Hashem whose gematria is 72, which is the gematria of חסד [kindness], which represents Hashem's Right Hand. And the Keitz is called "Keitz Hayamin" since its main idea comes from the right side.
- Rav D. Leiv Shlit"a adds that גאולה התשע"ב [Redemption 5772] has the gematria of ראש חודש אב [Rosh Hodesh Av].
- Rav Moshe Levinger adds that the verse (Yeshaya 60:2) וְעָלַיִךְ יִזְרַח יְהוָה, וּכְבוֹדוֹ עָלַיִךְ יֵרָאֶה [but upon thee the LORD will arise, and His glory shall be seen upon thee.] is the gematria of ה' תשע"ב, which is 5772.
- Rav D. Leiv Shlit"a adds that גאולה התשע"ב [Redemption 5772] has the gematria of ספירת חסד [the sefira of Hesed].
- Rav Moshe Levinger adds that the boldface part of the verse (Daniel 12:1) וּבָעֵת הַהִיא יַעֲמֹד מִיכָאֵל הַשַּׂר הַגָּדוֹל, הָעֹמֵד עַל-בְּנֵי עַמֶּךָ, וְהָיְתָה עֵת צָרָה, אֲשֶׁר לֹא-נִהְיְתָה מִהְיוֹת גּוֹי עַד הָעֵת הַהִיא; וּבָעֵת הַהִיא יִמָּלֵט עַמְּךָ, כָּל-הַנִּמְצָא כָּתוּב בַּסֵּפֶר [And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince who standeth for the children of thy people; and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time; and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.] has the gematria of ה' תשע"ג [which is 5773]. Also, a Be'itah Redemption is hinted to from the part of the verse וּבָעֵת הַהִיא יִמָּלֵט עַמְּךָ.
- The year תשע"ה [which is 5775] is hinted to in the verse (Devarim 25:17) זָכוֹר, אֵת אֲשֶׁר-עָשָׂה לְךָ עֲמָלֵק [Remember what Amalek did unto thee] telling us that in this year, we will merit to remember and wipe out Amalek.
- The Toldos Aharon Rebbe said during Hanukka, 5772 (brought down in the "Kehilot" insert of "Hamevaser" magazine, 8 Tevet, 5772):
- Rav Fish gave his long essay [about 5772 being an important year] to Rav Shmuel Auerbach Shlit"a many months ago. He recently met up with him and asked him his opinion. Rav Auerbach said in Yiddish "Gut, gut" [good, good].
- President Obama's birthday is 22 Av, 5721, which in Hebrew is כ"ב באב תשכ"א, so we again see the month of Av and the [Kabbalistic concept of] 320 judgements [is embedded in his birthday].
It's brought in "Likutei Torah" of the Ariza"l (Miketz):Regarding the importance of the number 36, we will bring down things that we wrote in the book "Sod Hahashmal" in the essay "Hashmal Lulav". We find in the gemara (Sukkah 45b) that there are always at least 36 tzadikim in the world that greet the face of the Shechina every day, and the world exists due to them. There are 2 x Hai tzadikim, who have the aspect of Yesod, who influence Malchut, and the world exists due to them. Also, a solar year is 360 days, which is 2 x Hai (x 10) besides the 5 holidays. This is because the sun has the aspect of Yesod, which influences the number 2 x Hai. Also, the Or Haganuz, which shone from within the sun in Gan Eden, as we explained in the essay "Hashmal Hama", shone before it was hidden for 36 hours, which is 2 x Hai, as is brought down in Midrash (Bereishit Rabba 11:2): Ribbi Levi said in the name of Ribbi Ze'eira, "That light shone for 36 hours." It's also brought down in the book Midrash Avot that the day that the Israelites traveled from Rameses to Sukkot lasted 36 hours. And the day of Keriat Yam Suf, the day of the Amalek War, and the day of Matan Torah all lasted 36 hours. It's also brought down that that Moshe Rabbeinu explained the Torah to Israel 36 hours before he died. We also find in the gemara (Sota 13a) that 36 crowns were hung on Yaakov's coffin. The explanation is - based on the Zohar Hadash (Tikkunim 123b) וְכֻלְּהוּ תְּלַת וָוִי"ן כְּלִילָן בְּצַדִּיק חַי עָלְמִין דְּהָכִי סָלְקִין תְּלַת וָוִי"ן כְּחוּשְׁבָּן חַ"י. We explained in the essays "Hashmal Sulam" and "Hashmal Keruvim" that there are 2 strings (spinal nerves?) that are in a person's spine, and similarly, in the worlds, where each one is made up of 3 vavs. Therefore, the letter שי"ן, which symbolizes the 3 vavs, it's Milui has the gematria of 360, which is 2 x Hai (x 10). We also found in the Zohar (Vayigash 211a) that in the camps of angels, there is the number 36, and it appears that this is hinted to from the verse (Yeshaya 6:2) שְׂרָפִים עֹמְדִים מִמַּעַל לוֹ and this verse refers to 2 Serafim, as is brought down in the Sefer Halikutim of the Ariza"l (Terumah p. 179). Also, in the 18 shakings (on Sukkot), there are 2 x Hai, as each shaking requires a back and forth, corresponding to male and female. Also, the 2 strings of the spine correspond to male and female - one corresponding to female water and one to male water, as we explained in the essay "Hashmal Sulam". Also, לולב, which influences Yesod, is the letters לו and לב, hinting to the number 36, which influences Malchut, which has the aspect of לב. We also find in the Zohar (Introduction 2a) that the verse מִי-בָרָא אֵלֶּה hints to Bina, which is called מי, from which Tiferet and Yesod, which are called אלה, emerge. And together, the words מי and אלה have the letters א-ל-ה-י-ם, which connects these sefirot. We see that אלה, which has the gematria of 36, symbolizes Tiferet and Yesod. Also, Rahel, who represents Malchut, lived for 36 years, which is 2 x Hai, to hint to the idea that Malchut receives influence from 2 strings, each one has the number Hai in it. Also, Rahel with the 3 letters has the gematria of 2 x עמוד.[The verse states] וַיְהִי, מִקֵּץ שְׁנָתַיִם יָמִים [And it came to pass at the end of two full years] - behold, שְׁנָתַיִם יָמִים [two full years] has the gematria of 730 - in other words, every "year" has 365 days and 2x365=730. Plus, if you add the 6 letters of שס"ה שס"ה, you get the gematria of 736, which equals the simple and Milui gematria of א-ד-נ-י, and that is called the Keitz Hayamin up above.And Rav Glazerson explains that if it takes 36 years for the revelation of the Keitz Hayamin up above, we need another 36 years to reveal the Keitz Hayamin down below. And again we get 772. And it appears that we can add that the Ar"i speaks about the Keitz Hayamin up above - therefore, he gives the hint of 365+365, because 365 hints to the days of the solar year, which has a male aspect, which symbolizes the upper world. And if we would make the same gematria of the Ar"i on a leap year, which is 383 days, 2x383=766, and adding the Kollel of the 6 letters שפ"ג שפ"ג has the gematria of 772 - because a leap year connects the upper world with the lower world in the Sod of male and female that creates a fetus [עיבור, also the word for leap year], and the fetus produces the Mashiah. And also, the year 5771 is a leap year.
תש"ס is the gematria of the verse that symbolizes the connection of Mashiah Ben Yosef and Mashiah Ben David (Bereishit 44:18) וַיִּגַּשׁ אֵלָיו יְהוּדָה וַיֹּאמֶר בִּי אֲדֹנִי [Then Judah came near unto him, and said: 'Oh my lord, let thy servant, I pray thee...'] with the words and letters is 760. Rav Moshe Levinger Shlit"a adds that Yehuda hinted to Yosef "בי אדני" - meaning that the influence of Yosef is found within him and his way, he will enact in the world.Also, the word אֲדֹנִי hints to Hashem's name א-ד-נ-י, which symbolizes Malchut. Rav Yosef Cohen Shlit"a adds that בי stands for בנימין יוסף, meaning that the argument between them [Yehuda and Yosef] was about Binyamin, and Yehuda was hinted to the idea that Binyamin is the connection between Yosef and himself, and the path via Binyamin is to himself. Also, the Hid"a in Midbar Kedeimot 10:26 writes in the name of Rav Shelomo Alkabetz ZT"L that Yehuda suspected that he was Yosef before he revealed himself, and that's why he said בי אדני where בי represents the 12 tribes, of which Yosef is a part of. And we can explain that Yehuda hinted to Yosef about the 12 tribes who are receiving from him.
The Hanukka candle symbolizes the preparation of the coming of Mashiah, as the verse says ערכתי נר למשיחי [there have I ordered a lamp for Mine anointed]. We are currently standing in harsh times for the entire world in an awesome manner. We see very clearly that nations are provoking each other, and each one is trying to connect it to Israel and the Jews. Haza"l testified that this would be the case before Mashiah's arrival. While the whole world is trembling and erupting, we have to know that all is for Israel. This is especially true when things are occurring like those that have not occurred for many years. This is because Hashem Yitbarach is sitting and expecting that Kelal Yisrael will accept upon themselves to strengthen themselves and to unify and to increase repentance.