Geula Update from Rav Fish - Tzav 5772
From Rav Fish's latest:
- [More details on what Rav Scheinberg ZT"L said at the Purim Seuda.] I heard from the right-hand man of Rav Chaim Pinchos Scheinberg ZT"L, YBLHT"V Rav Asa Vito Shlit"a, who heard from Maran [Rav Scheinberg] ZT"L at the Purim Seuda the following wording: "The world says that those who say when Mashiah will come don't know and those who know don't say. However, I am saying to you that the Mashiah is Mamash at the entrance and his coming is very soon. In the next weeks, there will be a Hester Panim [hiding of Hashem's face]." (He was prophecying about himself.) Similarly, I heard from his grandson, Rav Shalom Scheinberg Shlit"a, that at least 2 men told him that Rav Chaim Pinchos Scheinberg ZT"L told them on Purim that the Beit Hamikdash is close. One of them added that Rav Scheinberg told him that the Beit Hamikdash is close and that he is going to help build it.
- I heard from a Jew who returned from the Diaspora recently and hear there from one of the community leaders who recently asked advice from Rav Aharon Leib Shteinman Shlit"a whether he should buy land to build a synagogue. Maran [Rav Shteinman] answered him in the following words: "For what? Even though Haza"l said that in the future, HKB"H will transfer the synagogues of the Diaspora to the Land of Israel, but it's not clear that He will transfer the land too! You will only have a chance to buy the land, but you won't have a chance to build until Mashiah comes!" (The story came first-hand [to Rav Fish], and the source wishes to remain anonymous.)
- The verse says (Bereishit 15:14): וְגַם אֶת-הַגּוֹי אֲשֶׁר יַעֲבֹדוּ, דָּן אָנֹכִי; וְאַחֲרֵי-כֵן יֵצְאוּ, בִּרְכֻשׁ גָּדוֹל [and also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge; and afterward shall they come out with great substance.] Rashi explains on the word וגם that it includes all 4 kingdoms who will be destroyed for subjugating Israel, so this verse hints to all redemptions. The Hatam Sofer explains the verse on the Egyptian and Babylonian exiles as כן is 70 to denote the 70 years of the Babylonian exile. ואחרי כן hints to the letters ע"ם, which are the letters that come after the letters כ"ן [as אחרי denotes more than just "after" - it denotes far away, which means at least 2 letters]. The Milui of עי"ן מ"ם is the 210 years of the Egyptian exile. Now, to get to 772, which, G-d willing, we will merit to leave the final Galut. Rav Yosef Marciano Shlit"a from France explains that כן is the gematria of 770 if we count the final-Nun both as 50 and as 700, as the "Ketonet Tashbetz" on Midrash Peli'ah (Pinhas) does. Add the 2 letters and you get 772. Alternatively, אחרי כן means 2 years after 770 [as, again, אחרי denotes more than just "after" - it denotes far away, which means at least 2 years], which gives us the gematria of 772.
- הוי"ה צְבָאוֹת עִמָּנוּ מִשְׂגָּב לָנוּ אֱלֹהֵי יַעֲקֹב סֶלָה: הוי"ה צְבָאוֹת אַשְׁרֵי אָדָם בּוֹטֵחַ בָּךְ: הוי"ה הוֹשִׁיעָה הַמֶּלֶךְ יַעֲנֵנוּ בְיוֹם קָרְאֵנו is the gematria of 5771, plus 1 for the Kollel, when counting 500 for ך and 600 for ם.
- כל הסומך גאולה לתפלה is the gematria of 772 with the Kollel.
- מגלה x הדסה equals 78 x 74 = 5772.
- As the first Mishna in Mesechet Megilla says, the Megilla can be read on the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th of Adar. Add 11+12+13+14+15+707 (707 is the gematria of תש"ז, the 3 small letters within the names of the 10 sons of Haman) and you get 772. And תש"ז hints to the second time the 10 sons of Haman were hung, as is known. If we add to this all the days that the Megilla could be read on, we get to 772, to hint to the fact that this year, we should merit to wipe out Amalek anew. Amen.
- הוֹשִׁיעֵנוּ יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ וְקַבְּצֵנוּ מִן הַגּוֹיִם לְהֹודוֹת לְשֵׁם קָדְשֶׁךָ לְהִשְׁתַּבֵּחַ בִּתְהִלָּתֶךָ: בָּרוּךְ אדנ"י אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל מִן הָעוֹלָם וְעַד הָעוֹלָם וְאָמַר כָּל הָעָם אָמֵן הַלְלוּיָהּ is the gematria of 5771, plus 1 for the Kollel = 5772. See Radak and Malbim who say that these verses refer to the Final Redemption.
- Rav Asher Zelig Rubinshtein Shlit"a writes in a letter to the book "Uva Letzion Go'el":
Before I left for the Diaspora, the Mashgi'ah Rav Yehezkel Levenshtein Shlit"a [ZT"L] told me that he heard from the Hafetz Hayim ZT"L that when Mashiah will come, the invitations to join in the redemption will be like invitations to a wedding: first he will invite all the neighbors - those who will be in the Land of Israel, but those who are far away, he will only invite those who are closest.
- See also the Torah code at the end from Rav Glazerson about the connection between Rav Scheinberg ZT"L and יבלט"ו Rav Elyashiv Shlit"a and the interesting stories about Rav Scheinberg at the very end.