Geula Update from Rav Fish - Vayikra 5772
Here's a very brief summary of a portion of Rav Fish's latest points:
- He talked about Rav Shteinman's shiur
- The writings of the Ariza"l teach us that to know the point of connection of 2 things, you need to multiply them together. We also know בניסן נגאלו ובניסן עתידין להגאל. When we multiply the word פסח (which equals 148) with the word גאלה (which is how the word is spelled in the Torah, and equals 39), we get 5772.
- Alternatively, one can substitute the word גאלה for the word טל, which also equals 39. And we know that טל is the Sod of Tehiyat Hameitim.
- Restating something mentioned last week, 1,200,000 men and women left Egypt. If we count the number of days that passed from the time the Israelites ceased dying in the desert as punishment for the Golden Calf (see Rashi Bemidbar 14:33 which states that they died as a punishment for the sin of the Golden Calf, and see the Rashbam Bava Batra 121a that they did not die on the last Tish'a Be'av, so they ceased dying 1.5 years before they entered the land) until Shevat, 5772, which is a bit more than 3285 years - multiplied by 365.2469 days per year, we get 1,200,000 days. This is 1 day per Jew who sinned at the Golden Calf. And it says (Shemot 32:34) וּבְיוֹם פָּקְדִי, וּפָקַדְתִּי עֲלֵהֶם חַטָּאתָם [nevertheless in the day when I visit, I will visit their sin upon them]. We see that the punishment has the aspect of a day. Also, the word פקדי hints to Redemption, as it says (Shemot 3:16) פקד פקדתי אתכם. This means that when the first פקד is finished, the second פקד will begin.
- In addition, an accepted count of the number of letters in Tanach [this number will vary depending on which codex you use] is 1,203,006.