Geula Update from Rav Fish - Toledot 5774
From Rav Fish's latest:
- Rav Ovadia Yosef, Heshvan, the Ruzhiner Rebbe, and MBY
- Rav Ovadia passed away in חשון - the same gematria as משיח ו', which is the Sod of MBY, who is connected to the letter ו
- Also,מרחשון hints to Mashiah, who is called מר (as in "לאימת אתי מר")
- Heshvan is also the month that the third Beit Hamikdash is to be dedicated, as is brought down in Midrash (Pesikta Rabbati 6:7)
- And it's also brought down in the book Aspaklaria Hame'ira (about Rav Meir of Premishlan - vol. 2, p. 133) that Rav Meir of Premishlan said about the Ruzhiner Rebbe that he was MBY.
- And as is known, the Ruzhiner Rebbe conducted his Hasidut as royalty.
- And the Ruzhiner Rebbe's Yahrtzeit is the same as Rav Ovadia's - 3 Heshvan, 5611.
- And the Otzar Pitgamim Vesihot (vol 2, p. 172) brings down that the Ruzhiner Rebbe said - 2 hours before he passed away - that before Mashiah comes, people will be used to having plenty, but then, will be thrown into a state of lacking which cannot be withstood, and that will be Hevlei Mashiah. He said further that Judaism will be hanging in the balance. And unfortunately, these ideas have been fulfilled nowadays exactly.
- And in the Har Nof neighborhood in Yerushalayim, the street where Rav Ovadia ZT"L lived - Hakablan Street - which may soon be changed to Rav Ovadia Yosef Street - is parallel to HaAdmor Mi-Ruzhin Street.
Pre-edited Source: Google Maps
- And the Porat Yosef Yeshiva in the Old City - where Rav Ovadia studied in his youth - is a 2 minute walk from the destroyed, but soon-to-be-rebuilt Tiferet Yisrael Synagogue, which was funded by and named for the Ruzhiner Rebbe.
- And it's brought down in Oseri Lagefen (vol. 10, p. 193) that Heshvan is the month that MBY is revealed since Rosh Hodesh Heshvan is the Yom Tov of Menashe ben Yosef and Yeravam ben Nevat - who was supposed to be MBY - made up a holiday for this month.
- Rav Ovadia learned in Porat Yosef - and Rav Ezra Attiya said that it would have been worth the entire Yeshiva just for Maran.
- It is brought down in the name of Rav Nissim Dayan Shlit"a that the verse said about Yosef כִּי לְמִחְיָה, שְׁלָחַנִי אֱלֹהִים לִפְנֵיכֶם - the word למחיה contains Rav Ovadia's works: לוית חן, מאור ישראל, חזון עובדיה, יביע אומר, יחוה דעת, הליכות עולם).
- The Or Hai newsletter notes that 2 verses later, the word ולהחיות is the gematria of רבי עובדיה יוסף.
- It was also recently publicized that they once asked Maran what the source of his great memory was [YY - which is perhaps another version of this story] and he replied that it is due to his great insistence on guarding his eyes, as it says וְלֹא-תָתוּרוּ אַחֲרֵי לְבַבְכֶם, וְאַחֲרֵי עֵינֵיכֶם ... לְמַעַן תִּזְכְּרוּ [and that ye go not about after your own heart and your own eyes ... that ye may remember].
- It is also related that when Maran was a judge for 40 years, women would come before him and he would pretend to be writing down their claims in order not to need to look at them.
- R' Tzion David Siboni adds that עובדיה יוסף בן גורג'יה is the Rashei Teivot of גביע, which symbolizes the Yesod of Yosef, as it says in Likutei Torah of the Ariza"l (Miketz) "גביע is the gematria of מילה, which is the gematira of היסוד".
- It's also brought down in the name of the Tzemah Tzedek that the גביע of Yosef represents a large jug of Yesod that pours into Malchut, which is a small cup, and this is why Yosef told the brothers that he saw everything with the גביע.
- 45, 46, and Rav Ovadia ZT"L
- It's brought down in Rabbeinu Ephraim on Vayehi [YY - I couldn't find it in the Rabbeinu Ephraim, but an addendum to a Devar Torah by Rav Amar Shlit"a quotes it too]:
The reason Vayehi is closed is because it's connected to the previous words in Vayigash - ויפרו וירבו מאד and מאד is the gematria of 45, which represents the 45 days between MBY and MBD. And after the 45 (מאד) days after the death of MBY, then Vayehi Yaakov - i.e., Yaakov will be alive again with MBD. And that's the idea of the verse in Habakkuk (2:3) אִם-יִתְמַהְמָהּ, חַכֵּה-לוֹ - if יתמה he tarries מ"ה - for 45 days, wait for him, and the next day - on day 46, MBD will come. And that is the idea of the verse: יְהוּדָה, אַתָּה יוֹדוּךָ אַחֶיךָ [Judah, thee shall thy brethren praise] with יודוך having the gematria of 46. This is why we say 46 blessings every morning and why there are 46 letters in between each word "יהודה" in his blessing.
- Rav ד' הנה adds that this is why the word גאולה has the gematria of 45, representing MBY, but adding the Kollel, it's 46, representing MBD, and it's now called גאולה שלמה.
- Rav Tzion David Siboni adds that the 45 days are explicitly written at the end of Daniel by subtracting the 1290 days from the 1335 days.
- If we add 46 days to the day of the passing of Rav Ovadia ZT"L, we get to 19 Kislev, 5774, 19 Kislev being the day which the Ba'al Hatanya called "The Holiday of Redemption" and said that "this is the day on which myriads of Jews will be awakened to repentance and service of the heart". And really, the Rishonim already told about the greatness of this date, as is found in Responsa From Heaven [YY - I couldn't find it there] and other places.
- And it was also publicized that many Rabbaniot said that Maran came to them in a dream, telling them to strengthen the community as we approach the month of Kislev, within which are expected great things for Am Yisrael - and especially during Hanukka, when miracles are expected. May our eyes see and may our hearts be gladdened. Amen - may it be His will.
- And it's brought down in the Imrei Tzvi (Kozhiklov) that the repentance that Am Yisrael will do before the Final Redemption will begin on Hanukka.
- 8 Tevet, 5774
- Similarly, immediately after Hanukka, we will have reached the 9-month point after the "Government of Apostasy" which will rule before Mashiah comes. This government began on 7 Nissan, 5773. 9 months later is 8 Tevet, 5774.
- Rav Yosef Sheinberger adds that if you take the Yalkut Shimoni on Zecharia - Remez 585, which says:
[It says:] "But it shall come to pass, that at evening time there shall be light." Ribbi Elazar says: The rulership of the 4 kingdoms will only last 1 day of HKB"H's days. Where do you learn this from? As it says: "And the birds of prey came down upon the carcasses, and Abram drove them away. And it came to pass, that, when the sun was going down..." Ribbi Elazar Ben Arach said: It is surely as you said, as it says: "faint all the day". Except for 2 Yadot of an hour (two-thirds of the day). I'll prove to you that this is so: come and see that when the sun leans two-thirds of an hour toward the west, its light dims and doesn't shine. Similarly, before the evening comes, the light of Israel will sprout, as it says: "But it shall come to pass, that at evening time there shall be light."And if we calculate as we had counted in the past without the "Year of Tohu", and subtract 56 years, which is 2/3 of an hour as the Midrash says, we get to the same date of 8 Tevet, 5774.
- [YY - I did not merit to understand this calculation. The closest I came is 28 Tevet, 5774. And my assumption to make this calculation is that the Hurban occurred in the year 3829 (69 CE), even though I prefer 3828 (68 CE). The day of HKB"H is 2000 years when we include both day and night (see Abravanel on this Midrash). We also need to add approx. .86 of the year to get to 9 Av, so 3829.86 + 2000 = 5829.86. If an hour is 83.33333 years (2000 / 24), then two-thirds of an hour is 55.55555 years. 5829.86 - 55.55555 = 5774.30444. This year being a long leap year of 385 days, 385 * .30444 = 117.2094. Add 117 days to Rosh Hashana this year and you get 28 Tevet, 5774. I must be missing something in Rav Fish's calculation. If someone understands it, please let me know. Thanks.]
- Also, ח' טבת תשע"ד is the gematria of עטרה שבברית, which is the Sod of the connection of the 2 Meshihin.
- This concurs with what we brought earlier from the Zohar that the Gog Umagog War that connects the 2 Meshihin is expected to be in the year 73, which is our 5774 since the Zohar count did not include "The year of Tohu".
- And it's brought down in Shulhan Aruch (O"H 580:2)
On the 8th of Tevet, the Torah was written in Greek during the days of King Ptolmey, and there was darkness in the world for 3 days.
- This past month - attacks on Malchut
- Regarding earthquakes, רועדת [quaking] has the gematria of כינרת, the place of Malchut.
- We saw that during Heshvan, 5774, there were earthquakes by the Kinneret.
- In addition, there were large crises in the kingdom of holiness - the Rishon Letzion Maran Rav Ovadia Yosef ZT"L passed away (and he was born in תרפ"א, which is כינרת plus the Kollel), leaving hundreds of thousands without a leader.
- Also, there were harsh Mahlokot between Gedolei Yisrael.
- Also, during this time, Netanyahu went to Italy to speak to the Vatican about handing over Kever David, such a thing should not occur, as we brought down recently that כנרת is related to כנור דוד.
- [YY - It appears that such a meeting did not take place.]