Geula Update from Rav Fish - Vayishlah 5774
From Rav Fish's latest:
- Mahloket is really bad
- Rav Fish first addresses the Mahloket in Israel and advises people to stay away from getting involved in any way with the Mahloket between Gedolei Yisrael. He explains that the Gedolim of the day are hinted to in the verses of the Berit Bein Habetarim [see inside starting on the bottom of page 1 how he does so], and quotes a Midrash that shows that these verses refer to the heads of the Sanhedrin. Later, he explains that the one who gains the most from this Mahloket is Lapid and company. The ultimate purpose of all this is so that we beseech Hashem for Mashiah, which is why the final verses of the Berit Bein Habetarim talk about how Hashem showed Avraham Avinu the Final Redemption.
- He then quotes explanations on הוי זהיר בגחלתן "Be careful with the coals [of the sages]" with various commentaries saying to be close to the sages, but not too close that one mocks their words. He also quotes Rebbe Nachman of Breslov ZY"A who put in his prayers not to mock any book.
- Finally, he quotes the dreams of Benny Elbaz of Rav Ovadia ZT"L, which included the words "Kaf Zechut" 50 times.
- More on Rav Ovadia ZT"L and Yosef
- Rav Ovadia's wife's name was Margalit, which applies to the Sefira of Yesod.
- As the Zohar (No'ah 60a) says [YY - I wasn't able to find this quote in the Zohar], the Yesod breaks open mountains to reveal inside them precious jewels and pearls.
- Also, Targum Yonatan translates במאה קשיטה as במאת מרגליין - which means 100 pearls and this is about Shechem, which relates to Yosef.
- R' D. Hana explains that the words עובדיה יוסף has the gematria of אבנר, who had an aspect of MBY since he was part of Sha'ul's army and defected to David's. He then coronated David over all of Israel. And later, he was stabbed, just like MBY.
- More on 46
- [See this earlier post for Rav Fish's idea from Rabbeinu Ephraim that MBD comes on the 46th day after MBY dies.]
- Tehilim 46 talks about Gog Umagog, as Metzudat David explains on 46:3 and on 46:9.
- More on the Keli Yakar on "לבן"
- [See this earlier post where Rav Fish quotes the Keli Yakar on Vayikra 13:7.]
- The Keli Yakar on Devarim 32:20 says:
"I will see what their end shall be; for they are a very froward generation, ... I will provoke them with a vile nation" - Israel is called by 3 names: Yisrael [ישראל], Yaakov [יעקב], and Yeshurun [ישורון]. The Sofei Teivot of these make לבן [white], meaning that in Yaakov's merit, Hashem will bleach their sins. However, they turned the word לבן into נבל, as it says, "עם נבל ולא חכם" [O foolish people and unwise]. This is like Haza"l said that in the generation of Mashiah, everything will turn to apostasy, as the verse says: "It is all turned white: he is clean." In other words, the inverse of the word "לבן" is "נבל". This is why it says, "I will see what their end shall be" because the ends of these three names are the letters of לבן - hinting that they will bleach their ways, but they are "a very froward generation", meaning that they turned around "לבן" to "נבל".This means that the order should be that the righteous, who are called Yisrael [ישראל], are first, and afterwards Yaakov [יעקב] and only then, Yeshurun [ישורון], which would make the order לבן, as it should be since Hashem bleached Israel's sins. However, if they change the order to נבל, meaning that the righteous are on the bottom and the simple people on top, this causes the continuation of the verse: בגוי נבל אכעיסם [I will provoke them with a vile nation].