Geula-Related Recent Links

Monday, December 30, 2013

American Pie - The ObamaCare Version

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how our healthcare costs didn't make me cry
And I knew if I had the will
That I could always pay the bill
It didn't seem to get too high.

But, the whole mess started in 2008
When the tea was served a bit too late
And instead of choosing McCain
The country just went Hussein 

And that gave a mandate to the one on top
To make our incomes drop and drop
And get our insurance plans to stop
The day our healthcare died

So bye bye, Miss American Pie
ACA made my taxes shoot way up through the sky
And them good old boys throughout hospitals sigh
Singin' "This'll be the day that I die, this'll be the day that I die"

The House passed the bill under duress
While the Speaker had still worn a dress
And she passed it just to know what it contains.

In due time, the Senate followed suit
When the filibuster was set to mute
How much left of my old country still remains?

And the President signed it into law
And overlooking its fatal flaw
Its last hurdle was vaulted
John Roberts could be faulted

And that's how we now have ObamaCare
whose website started in disrepair
And which brought the country to despair
The day our healthcare died

I started singin' bye bye, Miss American Pie
ACA made my taxes shoot way up through the sky
And them good old boys throughout hospitals sigh
Singin' "This'll be the day that I die"

© yeranenyaakov.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

At Mon Dec 30, 01:23:00 PM 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT! BRAVO! SINGING ALONG!

 
At Mon Dec 30, 02:26:00 PM 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Yaak, inquiring minds want to know...now that you've rewritten the song, when are you leaving there and coming home?

CDG, Yerushalayim

 
At Sat Jan 11, 10:04:00 PM 2014, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only one problem, McCain was/is no better than Obomber, except maybe in degree. But ideologically, they aren't that far removed from each other, judging from McAmnesties stand on many important issues.

Yonason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home