Interesting Recent Links - Purim 5774
- Shvilei Pinches: By Demanding that Binyamin Be Brought Down to Mitzrayim Yosef HaTzaddik Prepared for the Miracle of Purim
- Rav Fish on Purim and a Geula Update:
- See pp 17-18, where he says that the bold letters from the verse:
וַיֹּאמֶר, לֵךְ דָּנִיֵּאל: כִּי-סְתֻמִים וַחֲתֻמִים הַדְּבָרִים, עַד-עֵת קֵץequal תשע"ד and he explains why the final Mem is significant.
- He later (p. 26) explains why Russia is mostly Amalek, quoting from Rav Chaim Soloveitchik ZT"L and Rav Itzele of Volozhin ZT"L. The Ukrainians don't get off easy either - they've proved their Amalekness during Khmelnitsky and the Holocaust.
- Purim is Forever: A Purim Insight by Rabbi Yitzchak Hutner
- Along the same lines as the previous link, we have 2 posts (Text | Video) by Rabbi Bechhofer on how Purim is connected to the Sefira of Netzah.
- From a Cross-Currents post on the Beit Shemesh elections:
A deep and fascinating speaker came to my shul in RBS this past Shabbos (Beis Knesses HaGra). In addition to many other things, he discussed current events. In the course of it he quoted Rav Kook zt”l who made the following point: If we are granted a country and it is led by religious leaders, Moshiach ben Yosef will not have to die. As we all know, the world is today undergoing the convulsions of the chevlei moshiach. To the extent that before the Geulah it becomes a religious country representing Torah values, less will have to be destroyed to create that wonderful future era of the Moshiach. The speaker therefore saw the elections and the question of appointing a religious mayor as nothing less than a major positive step towards the geulah shelaimah, one which would lead to the yeshua and beyond.
- A Jewish Interpretation of The Four Blood Moons. Some Purim Torah. (h/t Batya)
- Tzav and Purim - North and South (Geula-related)
- Kikar on the 4 Chabad Shluchim and 1 Shlucha who perished within 8 days
- PURIM: Blame it on the Rabbis
- Ta'anit Esther - Fasting as a Form of Warfare
- Taanit Esther (some interesting links here)
- A Berdichiver Moment