Rav Yaakov Ades Shlit"a Delivers Stinging Attack Against the Pope and Xtianity
In this amazing 45-minute video, Rav Yaakov Ades Shlit"a pulls no punches against Xtianity (in Hebrew):
Hat tip: Rafi, who wrote:
Rav Addes gave a shiur in which he dealt with the coming of the Pope (to Israel).. in his shiur (click below), he says that people should not go to see the Pope, and anybody who does see him should immerse in a mikva. As well, people should not watch him on the television or other media either. It is all prohibited under the passuk of not turning to their gods (אל תפנו אל אלילים).. listen to the shiur. he has some interesting things to say about the whole thing, the visit, christianity in general, etc.In addition, Rav Ades talked about the following topics:
I don't think Rav Addes is a posek, but he is considered a mekubal and a man seriously connected to kedusha...
- How it's a terrible shame and irony that the Pope will come visit the place that the Romans destroyed.
- How the Ramban won his disputation, and unlike all other disputations, the Ramban was able to say everything he wanted to say without fear of retribution. In the end, he needed to flee anyways.
- How Judaism is based on faith and logic while Xtianity is based solely on blind faith.
- How a Xtian hospital worker, who was taking care of him, tried to convert Rav Ades when he was injured laying in a hospital bed. Rav Ades wouldn't hear any of it, but told him that there was one special thing about Xtianity over any other religion. The hospital worker's ears perked up. Rav Ades said it's the only religion whose roots are not only false, but are also disgusting.
- How (like I mentioned last year with a follow-up) Rav Ades's book - that, in part, attacked Xtianity - was translated to Italian and was sent to the previous pope, who sent him a positive note back saying that he learned from it. Not long afterwards, the pope resigned. He said that he was going on to doing "better things". Not only that, but the first thing he did after resigning was to undergo a Berit Milah. (I have not seen this last part anywhere else. Can anyone verify this with an outside source?)
- How some people came to him and wanted to counter the movie made that made terribly false claims against Rav Kaduri ZT"L. He mentioned how Rav Kaduri specifically did Kabbalistic things to spiritually weaken Xtianity.
- How Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach ZT"L said that he heard from a Xtian leader that there is no competent person in the entire world that believes in Xtianity.