Geula-Related Recent Links

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

עמך וצאן מרעיתך

Fox News:

Deaths of bighorn sheep in Arizona spark controversy over conservation effort

The first phase of a three-year plan by Arizona wildlife officials to bolster herds of bighorn sheep has resulted in the death of half the population, after the 31 sheep were transplanted at a cost of $150,000 into the Catalina Mountains where mountain lions killed 15 of the protected species within a few months.

Some animal welfare groups are pushing for an end to the project, but wildlife officials say the conservation effort is not a failure and expect the projected $600,000, three-year plan to result in greater numbers of bighorns in an area where they once co-existed with mountain lions for centuries.

The issue, say Arizona wildlife officials and biologists, is a complex one.

Bighorn sheep, a gregarious, herd-forming species, once thrived in large numbers across the western U.S. until their population dropped dramatically over the past 100 years -- for reasons biologists continue to study, such as disease, fires or loss of water source. Wildlife officials in Arizona estimate the current count to be around 6,000 in the state, and they are working with conservationists to rebuild a herd that disappeared from the Tucson range in the 1990s.

Last November, the Arizona Game and Fish Department implemented the first phase of a three-year plan to transplant the creatures from the Yuma area into the Catalinas, where they once lived. Wildlife officials in the state said they spent $150,000 -- none of which was taxpayer money -- to catch 31 bighorns by helicopter, place satellite transmitter collars on them and transport the herd to the Santa Catalina Mountains just north of Tucson.

Four months later, 15 of the bighorns had been killed by mountain lions that thrive in the area -- leaving some animal welfare advocates to question whether such a plan was prudent on the part of an independent panel formed by state wildlife officials.

The Catalina Bighorn Advisory Committee -- comprised of groups such as the Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society, the Wilderness Society and the Center for Biological Diversity — had recommended that officials not kill any mountain lions prior to the transplant of bighorns.

After nearly half the bighorn herd was killed, state wildlife officials in turn killed two mountain lions -- leading to protests by individuals who claimed the big cats should not be targeted for acting as natural predators in the wild.

...
 Hmmm... Any comparisons to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?  Just thinking out loud...

1 Comments:

At Wed Mar 19, 12:15:00 PM 2014, Blogger Unknown said...

If your inspired by this Hashgacha Pratis please make a small donation below.
I needed to improve my emunah so I decided to take a moderate sum $ ,close my eyes, and give it to Tzedakah anonymously. I wanted my money to go to a Talmid Chacham, dedicated 100% learning Lishma. My old friend Dovid was perfect to be my Shliach. He has a strong Yeshivish background ,living in Lakewood many years. He is a Mentch, Baal Midos, & Talmid Chacham. He had all the connections I needed to stay anonymous but yet ensure that 100% of the $ went to support high level of Torah followers. Dovid gladly accepted and I was thrilled. I sent off the envelope and felt great!
Thank GOD I have been sending Dovid $ for most of the Chagim to distribute however he seems fit. Last week I sent him $ to distribute for Purim.
A day later Dovid texts me to call him. "I have to tell you about the Hashgacha Pratis involved in your Tzedakah". Dovid tells me that months ago he used to distribute the money "randomly" to Lakewood Tzadikim learning Lishma, but the past 3 times he gave it to the Rosh Beis Din to distribute. Dovid tells me that when he came to give the $ ,the Rabbi's face lit up. He says to Dovid that something really strange is happening with this money. The rabbi says to Dovid "a few months ago this woman who has never before come to me. One day unexpected she approached me and told him of her financial troubles, especially with a Chasana coming up. She didn't know what to do". The rabbi continued, "immediately after that an you contacted me with unexpected $. I gave her the $ and realized the Hashgacha worked out perfectly and the Yad Hashem is in everyday life. Then a few months later the woman again comes to me and tells me how her situation has not improved and that she is still in dire need of Financial support. I didn't have any monetary solution for her this time. It just happens to be that you show up for the second time to me with unexpected $. So once again I gave her the money that you brought to me. Wow that's really amazing coincidence to happen twice for both you (Dovid) &this woman in need." The Rabbi continues to Dovid "a few more months went by And a Yom Tov or two pass. Now just the other night (last week) that same women randomly for the third time came to me and asked for help. Once again no funds are in site and I didn't know how to help her. All the sudden crazy enough here you are randomly at my door step now. The Neshama of whoever gave you this money has a special deep connection to the Neshama of this woman. Maybe they are connected in prior Gilgulim."
Dovid is amazed by this amazing explainable Hashgacha Pratis & is just glad to be involved in the Mitzvah.
Here I am Friday afternoon getting all emotionally choked up while Dovid told me this story. Just that day I was having doubts in my Emunah. I needed something extraordinary to speak to my Neshama. After hearing this from Dovid I was tearing. It was absolutely beautiful! He told me how he sheared the story with his Talmidim and we wished each over a good Shabbas and Happy Purim.
Something like this has never happened to me and my curiosity is rumbling. I decided that instead focusing on myself and my own personal questions that rather I would include others in my mitzvah. This way we can continue sending $ and stay anonymous while knowing that it is going to a true cause. Please help support Torah Learning!
Purim shows us that Hasgacha Pratis is the Yad Hashem in everything!

If you were inspired by this story then please help and contribute.
Get An Easy Mitzvah Right Now
Click here to donate:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8LACAXGDZ84S2
100% of $ will be given away before Pessach. Email me for any personal further information about me or Dovid.
Thanks for opening your hearts & Tizku Lmitzvos.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/117415390267270082683/117415390267270082683/posts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home