A Few More Links
- A general in the Soviet Red Army is putting on Tefillin, praying, and learning Torah.
- A rapper, who happens to be the son of the current prime minister of Belize, is now a frum Jew in Israel.
- A flight from NYC to Tel Aviv will take 2 hours, according to a possible NASA project, says Kikar, whose headline begins with "End of Days?" I couldn't find any info about this from NASA's website though.
- For those who want to learn Mesechet Zevahim with the Temple Institute flair, you're in luck - they just came out with a new sefer on Zevahim complete with color pictures. See the article on Kikar about it too which tells that Rav Simcha Hakohein Kook gives a Haskama saying "it increases the longing for the service of the Kohanim and Leviim...".
- Prof. Eliyahu Rips, of Torah Code fame, was surprised by a picture of a pig on the board in his Hebrew U. classroom, supposedly drawn by a student who was protesting Hareidim or Hareidi government money - despite the fact that Prof. Rips never expressed his political views in class.
- CosmicX did a nice job translating an "awesome" (my word) Hebrew-language article of an interview of R' Shmuel Eliyahu for the Arabic press that he blogged about previously.
- Jameel rants about (non-)Kosher airplane food, people on airplane wings, and stapled passports - quite funny.
- Also quite funny - The Kollel Check is Too Darn Low Party video.