Geula Update from Rav Fish - Ekev 5773
From Rav Fish's latest:
- World Wars and Shemita
- [On the concept that the Gog Umagog War is divided into 3 wars: WWI, WWII, & WWIII,] Rav Menahem Barhoum adds that using the words of the gemara (Sanhedrin 97a) that on the seventh year, there will be wars, and after Shevi'it, Ben David comes, all three world wars can be joined together. This is because WWI ended in 5677, which was a Shemita year, and WWII ended in 5705, which was a Shemita year. And now we are talking about WWIII which will [YY- speculatively] end in the year 5775, which is a Shemita year. And after Shevi'it, Ben David comes.
- Years Following Chapters of Tehillim
- [After mentioning the significance of Chapter 72 of Tehillim,] Rav Manahem Barhoum adds that Chapter 72 of Tehillim completes the Tehillim for Tuesday, which started on Chapter 51. These chapters, 51-72, symbolize the time from Hatzot (5751) until Minha Gedola (5772). And since Tuesday symbolizes midday, therefore, its Tehillim symbolize the period of midday (Hatzot).
- Afterwards, come the chapters of Tehillim for Wednesday - Chapter 73 until Chapter 90 - which symbolize the years 5773-5790. The year 5790 is known to represent a more progressive stage of Redemption - that of Tehiyat Hameitim, as the Zohar (Toledot 140) brings down that the righteous will arise 210 years before the rest of the people, and 5790 is 210 years before 6000.
- Shema and Geula
- Rav Menahem Barhoum notes that the letters ע and ד are bigger in the first verse of Shema, hinting to the year תשע"ד.
- A Slow Geula
- [As the Yerushalmi, Midrash, & Kol Hator explain, the Geula comes קמעא קמעא - little by little.] Rav Tzion David Siboni adds that קמעא קמעא with the words = 424 = משיח בן דוד.
- Also, מעט מעט (Shemot 23:30) has the gematria of רחל, symbolizing the Shechina.
- Also, the words בשנה אחת from the previous verse plus the letters has the gematria of תשע"ג.
- See also his long piece about sneezing (too long to translate).