Recent Interesting Links - Mishpatim 5772
- Making Shalom after Mahlokot is always praiseworthy. Here are a few recent examples:
- Rav Yitzhak Fanger apologizes to Rav Amnon Yitzhak for comments he made
- Rav Yehuda Deri from Be'er Sheva and former Chief Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau make up.
- The Belzer Rebbe's son is called close by the Satmar Rebbe, shakes his hands, and talks to him, despite 30 years of disagreements between the 2 groups.
- A long and dangerous journey in the Moroccan desert to the grave of Ribbi Aharon Abuhatzeira - the son of the Abir Yaakov and uncle of the Baba Sali
- Rav Shteinman Shlit"a, who is recovering from pneumonia himself, already last week had asked people to accept Shabbat early as a merit for Rav Elyashiv's recovery. (I'll add that in this merit, may Hashem also bring an end of the exile early.) See also there Rav Chaim Kanievsky's suggestion to improve our Asher Yatzar blessing. A new initiative from Rav Chaim Kanievsky is Thursday's fast for those whose learning will not suffer due to fasting.
- Snow is expected for Yerushalayim over Shabbat.
- 5 Gedolim need a Refuah, as YWN says:
The tzibur is requested to be mispallel for the gedolei Torah, Rav Yosef Sholom [Elyashiv] ben Chaya Musha, Rav Aaron Yehuda Leib [Shteinman] ben Gitel Feiga, Rav Yitzchak Tuvia [Weiss] ben Rikal, Rav Yaakov Chai [Yosef] ben Margalit, and Rav Yisroel ben Chana Tzirel [Belsky], for a refuah shleima b’soch kol cholei am yisrael.
- Using Kotel stones not only doesn't help, it can also be detrimental, according to the Kotel Rav.
- A dream explained to a recently-deceased man why so many Tefillot were coming to Shamayim.
- State-sponsored terrorism from Iran against Israeli and Jewish targets is a declaration of war against the Jewish people - Dershowitz
- Worst-case scenario of a war with Iran from Ology.com (h/t Soul Mazal)
- The Keli Paz on "Hormuz being the location of the war at the End of Days" was emailed to me twice and mentioned by Shirat Devorah and Ladaat, whose commenters say it was originally in last Friday's Hamodia. However, see my comment on the Shirat Devorah post.