Geula Update from Rav Fish - Sukkot 5774
From Rav Fish's latest:
- More about 5774
- He mentions the Karnayim and Dan Yadin mentioned earlier.
- Rav Menahem Mendel of Shklov ZT"L said that תשע"ד is the gematria of:
- שערי צדק
- ענוה ויראת ה'
- עדן (using the final Nun as 700)
- It's also the gematria of רוח מלכנו משיחנו
- R' Tzion Siboni adds: It's also Notrikon of:
- תשעת דוד
- תשובו עד ה' אלקיך
- It's also Rashei Teivot for: תהא שנת עבדי דוד
- Rav Yosef Marciano adds that if you take the ordinal value of each letter of the Alef-Bet for the word משיח and multiply it by itself, you get 774. This is because מ is the 13th letter and 132=169, ש is the 21st letter and 212=441, י is the 10th letter and 102=100, and ח is the 8th letter and 82=64. 169+441+100+64=774.
- According to Ta'am Tahton, the 5774th verse in the Torah is: וַאֲנִי אַקְנִיאֵם בְּלֹא-עָם, בְּגוֹי נָבָל אַכְעִיסֵם. [YY-apply what was said 6 months ago about נב"ל.]
- Different Geula Stages
- [He said that the את צמח blessing refers to an early stage of the Geula process - still during the rule of MBY - while רצה refers to the complete Redemption of MBD. Along those same lines:] We find that the gemara Berachot 49a seems to say that the rebuilding of Yerushalayim and the Geula happen at 2 different times since we cannot conclude a blessing with both of them together. If they would come together, like מקדש השבת וישראל והזמנים, we would have been allowed to end the blessing with both concepts together. We see that they must be separate and occur at different times.