Geula Update from Rav Fish - Mishpatim 5772
I'm only going to translate most of the first page (i.e. p. 3 of the pdf) and the last page of this one as the rest of it is very technical and Kabbalistic.
From Rav Fish's latest:
- [After lauding the power of Remez,] the letters רמז are the letters that come right before נחש, whose gematria is משיח. Also, רמז has the letters of זמר, which symbolizes the Redemption, where they will cut off (שיזמרו) the foreskin and sing (ויזמרו) to Hashem, as is brought down in Midrash (Shir Hashirim Rabba 2:33) "עת הזמיר הגיע - the time for Israel to be redeemed has arrived, the time for the foreskin to be cut off has arrived, the time for the kingdom of the Kutim to end has arrived, the time for the Kingdom of Heaven to be revealed has arrived. וקול התור נשמע בארצנו - this is the sound of Melech Hamashiah." We also see in the Yerushalmi that uses a gematria regarding the names of Mashiah (Berachot 17a) "Ribbi Yehoshua Ben Levi said his name is 'Tzemah'. Ribbi Yudan the son of Ribbi Ayvu said his name is 'Menahem'. Hanina the son of Ribbi Avahu said that they are not arguing with each other - the gematria of one is exactly the gematria of the other - צמח = מנחם."
- And it's possible that this has come down into physicality since the winds of war between Edom and Paras surround the place that's called "The Straits of Hormuz (הורמוז)", which hints to the matter of the Remez (הרמז) upon which the Redemption is dependant. Also, there are threats of war during the month of Tamuz (תמוז), which is similar to הורמוז. And the "Straits" (מיצרי) of Hormuz hint to the period called "Between the straits (בין המצרים)".
- [At this point, he goes into the Keli Paz, to which I already noted my objections to using this as a proof to Hormuz nowadays.]
- Rav Yaakov Gefner Shlit"a adds that the continuation of the verse implies that the entire region will turn into burning tar, and it fits very well for this region which is full of oil, which is like tar. See the verses in Yeshaya chapter 34.
- Rav Yitzhak Brandeis Shlit"a adds that we find in Pirket DeRibbi Eliezer (chapter 29) that part of the Gog Umagog War will take place on the sea, and this fits in very well to the Straits of Hormuz. And it's brought there that afterwards, these wars will go up to Eretz Yisrael. We will bring down a portion of the Midrash: "Ribbi Yishmael said that 3 wars of confusion the children of Yishmael will wage in the land in the End of Days - one in the sea ... And from there, Ben David will sprout and will see the destruction of these and these, and from there, he will come to Eretz Yisrael, as is says, 'Who is this who comes from Edom?'"
- Rav Y. S. Tzur Shlit"a adds that הורמוז (Hormuz) is the gematria of טהרן (Teheran), the Iranian capital, and אפגניסטאן (Afghanistan), a friendly country to Iran, where some say the 10 tribes are. Also, the word טהרן hints to the purity (טהרת) of the world and its Redemption, which will start from this place when the evildoers will be destroyed there. Rav D. Lev Shlit"a adds that the Milui of הורמוז of ה"א ו"ו רי"ש מ"ם ו"ו זי"ן has the gematria of יהא שמו הגדול מבורך.
- Rav Glazerson: The words הרב אלישיב appear in only one skip in the Torah in the portion dealing with the boards of the Mishkan and the Aron. The skip is 48 letters corresponding to the 48 ways the Torah is acquired and the 48 boards of the Mishkan. The verses are exactly from where Haza"l learn that a Torah scholar's inside must be like his outside just like the Aron was pure gold inside and out. Similarly, the Aron's dimensions were broken Amot to signify that the Torah scholars should be satisfied with the minimum.
- Kabbalists say that all the leaders of the final generation are from the root of Mashiah Ben Yosef, and definitely Rav Elyashiv Shlit"a whose name is Yosef, and also Shalom is Yesod, which is the aspect of Yosef, as is known.
- In addition, we see in the table the words "משיח" and "הצדיק" and "שלום" and "אמת". The skip for משיח is with 6 letters which hints to Mashiah Ben Yosef which is connected to the number 6. The skip for הרב אלישיב is 48 letters, which is the gematria of the first and last letters of משיח.
- Also, יוסף שלום בן חיה מושה is the Rashei Teivot of משיח.
- And אלישיב with the letters is the gematria of משיח.
- Also, אלישיב hints to the Redemption as the name of Hashem א-ל signifies Hashem's Hesed that He is redeeming, and He will ישיב - cause the return and redeem Israel, speedily in our days, Amen.
- Also, אלישב is the Rashei Teivot for אחכה לו בכל יום שיבא. It is also Rashei Teivot for the verse (Bereishit 45:9) כֹּה אָמַר בִּנְךָ יוֹסֵף, שָׂמַנִי אֱלֹהִים לְאָדוֹן.
- Also, he lives on חנן Street, which reminds us of the verse כי עת לחננה כי בא מועד.
- Also, his birthday is Rosh Hodesh Nissan, which is a time for Redemption.
- And it is also known that there is a letter from his grandfather the author of the "Leshem" about Rav Elyashiv that he will lead Israel until the coming of Mashiah.
- Rav David Katz Shlit"a adds that the Rashei Teivot of יוסף שלום בן אברהם חיה מושה is משיח בא [Mashiah is coming].
- Rav M. H. S. Shlit"a adds that יוסף שלום is the gematria of the name of MBY that is mentioned in many Midrashim - נחמיה בן חושיאל with the letters.
- Rav Y. S. Tzur Shlit"a adds that יוסף שלום בן חיה מושה is the gematria of the verse that hints to the Keitz: וַיְכֻלּוּ הַשָּׁמַיִם וְהָאָרֶץ, וְכָל-צְבָאָם. This is also the same number as ממקומך מלכנו תופיע (heard from Rav D. Lev Shlit"a).
- Rav Glazerson adds that יוסף שלום אלישיב with the letters is the gematria of the verse (Iyov 28:3) קֵץ, שָׂם לַחֹשֶׁךְ [YY - see the first Midrash Rabba on Parshat Miketz.]
- Also, the Rashei Teivot of יוסף שלום אלישיב spells איש, which symbolizes Yosef, as is brought in the Likutei Torah of the Ariza"l (Balak p. 228) that the Yesod is called "Ish". Also, איש is Rashei Teivot for אמצע ימין שמאל which are included in Yesod. Also, it is written איש צדיק.
- We will bring down the words of the Ariza"l to show more hints:
וקם שבט בישראל - that is the Yesod, and שבט is the gematria of איש because the Yesod of Ze'eir Anpin is called "Ish".We see that the Ariza"l explains this verse from the prophecy of Bil'am which speaks about the Redemption "וקם שבט בישראל". The rising up will be by way of the aspect of שבט, which has the same gematria as איש, which symbolizes Yesod. And we will bring from the Or HaHayim on this verse that וקם שבט refers to MBY. And we already explained that אי"ש is the Rashei Teivot of יוסף שלום אלישיב. And also, שבט hints to the current month that the Rav became ill - the month of Shevat, which is called Shevat from the word Sheivet, which is Yesod. As is brought down in Sefer Yetzira that the month of Shevat was created with the letter צ which symbolizes Yesod, as the Peri Tzaddik writes at length why the Shovevim weeks are in the month of Shevat. And we will bring down a portion of the Or HaHayim:
Corresponding to an Ahishena Redemption which comes about via the merit of Israel, it says "דרך כוכב" and corresponding a Be'itah Redemption, it says "וקם שבט בישראל" - meaning that one tribe in Israel will rise up just like they rise up in the world naturally [YY - which is how MBY rises]. Another hint: In the phrase "דרך כוכב מיעקב", it is about MBD, who is hinted to in the mentioned star, and when it says "וקם שבט בישראל", it hints to Mashiah Ben Ephraim.
- All this is written for the purpose of strengthening prayers for the recovery of Rabbeinu Yosef Shalom ben Chaya Musha because we are commanded to increase our prayers for MBY, and we have him in mind in every prayer in the blessing of Bonei Yerushalayim.