Interesting Recent Links - Teruma 5772
- Kikar has an article discussing a whole bunch of Segulot with the hoopoe, which became Israel's national bird. Even though the hoopoe is not a Kosher bird, the article reassures you that all is OK for medicinal purposes, especially if it is dried for 12 months and as dry as wood. The most famous of the Segulot is for winning in court, which involves filling the stomach of the hoopoe with 15 materials, some very rare. Some Arabs refuse to sell hoopoes to Jews so as not to allow them to perform the Segulot. A very interesting article all-around. Of course, always contact your LOR.
- Ladaat has Rav Eliezer Shlomo Schick (with an audio) explaining how Ahmadinejad is like Haman, and just as then, our Shekalim preceeded Haman's, our Shekalim to Tzedaka are what will defeat the Haman of today.
- Tomer Devorah has a multi-part series going on called "Amalek Is Alive and Well and Living in Iran". Here are the links to it: Intro, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7
- VIN has a Neis Min Hashamayim caught on camera: Jewish boy survives being hit by a truck with just a sprained ankle
- EoZ has a video about the Cyrus Cylinder. The picture of today's Haman pointing to it is simply hypocritical, as his dream of a third Persian Empire (לא עלינו) would not include Israel or its next Beit Hamikdash, so how is that upholding the values of Cyrus?
- Fox News: Chicago school draws scrutiny over student fines - What's the big deal? Doesn't WITS have a קנס system for many years now?
- A7: Tel Aviv Approves Public Transportation on Shabbat - Disappointing. Rav Lau asks the mayor to retract. The Muqata notes the contrast to former Mayor Dizengoff's view.
- ברוך דין האמת. Kabbalist Rav Nissim Peretz passed away. Some pictures from his life are here.